Legshield Mounted Spotlights

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cranky

Am contemplating having fitted 1 x spotlight / driving light to one of the legshields of my Jet 200. I have the legshield mounting rubber to hand - what else to I need to fit the lamp ? What kind / brand of driving / spot light should I be looking for (without the expense of buying Lucas branded items) ? What size ? Can the spot light be fitted to the n/s or o/s of my scooter - and what are the legal ramifications thereof ??
Last edited by cranky on Tue May 26, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coaster

cranky wrote:Am contemplating having fitted 1 x spotlight / driving light to one of the sidepanels of my Jet 200 :shock: :shock:
I take it you meant the legsheilds ;) ;)

I think the only rearmount spotlights which you can buy new are the Lucas Pathfinders which are in fact reproduction copies. I did manage to find a pair of Miller rear mount lights, one spot and a matching fog. They are a little smaller than the pathfinders but were also a 1/4 of the cost. Not fitted yet though :roll:

Allstyles have instructiuons on dimentions on their site.
cranky

Cheers Coaster - nice to see that someone is bright, alert and awake :roll:

With regards to the spotlights themselves - does it matter as to where the fixing bracket on the lamp is ?
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

If you are going to use the proper Pathfinder fixing rubbers, you will need the fixing bolts that have a hole through them for the electrical cables. Someone on the LCGB site was making these. Do a search.This might help
http://www.allstyles-scooters.com/Pathfinders.html
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information