final drive ratio

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
1469leach
Main scooter: jet200/rapido 225

I see all sorts of dyno graph's posted and have often tried to figure out a real world comparison of what torque figures are required to pull a set gear ratio.So here's a question for all those experienced tuners on here, how much torque does an engine have to produce at 7000 rpm to pull a final drive ratio of 4.5-1 on a full framed lambretta riding two up on an open flat road?

Thanks Jeff
soullad
Dealer

You're talking about pulling 80 mph, 2 up, on a full frame framed lammy, on fairly tall gearing. Thats a decent motor, whichever way you get there.
you might want to ask if anyone on here has a Lammy engine that can do that, and to show their dyno graph?

My own scoot can pull 4.4 but max torque, 21 ft lb is at 5500 rpm, theres very little over rev and it hits a wall at 7,000 rpm (taffy road pipe)... so it wouldn't pull 2 up at 7,000 rpm.
1469leach
Main scooter: jet200/rapido 225

Does it pull two up at 5500rpm with that ratio?I was only quoting 7000 as a figure out of the air,just wondered what people thought as its difficult to get a realistic understanding of what torque figue can pull what gearing under what conditions.

cheers Jeff
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information