need a motor with torque can anyone advise

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

I've got an NK coming soon Pete if you want to try that against the JL3?
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
J1MS

To get a little torque on a TS1 225 I use a Taffspeed pipe then widen the Exhaust port to 65% and blend the Transferes at the case and do as much flowing to the reedblock and petals .. As the sooner the reed starts to flow the quicker the engine responds... "Stan Stevens" a well known bike tuner does alot of work to reedblocks on his engines when tuning, to improve performance... If the reedblock dosnt flow correctly then it is just another obsticle in the inlet for gasses to get past, which will limit the air intake speed... I also keep the compression ratio low, usually below 9-1 for road use ... this set up has given me some reliably, quick engines, with a good spread of power... not the fastest... but they pull well.... Run on Li 150 special gear box with 18x47 if your a big lad, and 19x46 if your built like a racing snake...
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

J1MS wrote:Run on Li 150 special gear box with 18x47 if your a big lad, and 19x46 if your built like a racing snake...
Do you mean GP200 gearbox?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
J1MS

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
J1MS wrote:Run on Li 150 special gear box with 18x47 if your a big lad, and 19x46 if your built like a racing snake...
Do you mean GP200 gearbox?
No.... LI 150 Special and they can pull over 7,000 RPM in top gear... Mines running on 19x46 in my TV175... For me, Its not how fast I can make it go... but more how fast it can reliably run... keeping the revs low for long term reliability...
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

davidblythe wrote:if a TS1 widen the exhaust port to 44mm but dont raise the height, use a 1mm wire ring piston

should give you want you want, possibly look at taking 1mm of the base of the barrell in addition
You must have a lot of free time.
jason frost
Dealer

Do you know who did the head ?
J1MS

jason frost wrote:Do you know who did the head ?
If your asking who did mine 9-1 on my TV2, TS1 ... That one was done by myself, I have done a few... also bought quite a few off dealers but they are never exactly what you ask for... and at the moment I have no access to a lathe.. :(
jason frost
Dealer

J1MS wrote:
jason frost wrote:Do you know who did the head ?
If your asking who did mine 9-1 on my TV2, TS1 ... That one was done by myself, I have done a few... also bought quite a few off dealers but they are never exactly what you ask for... and at the moment I have no access to a lathe.. :(
No lambro63 head
cezeta

MBD are re working my ts1 as we speak.....they work late!

the transfers have been widened as well as the boost port, its using a 60mm alpha crank and 71mm piston.

and the exhaust has been welded up and widened to give the letter box shape of the original.

v force reeds and 30mm mikuni.

my spec was "power of a Buell" i want it to rev in the standardish rev range and pull high gearing.

its a bit experimental but grunt is what im after.

it will go on replays dyno so in a few weeks i should have a graph.
lambro63
Main scooter: series 2 TS1

jason, i believe the head is standard as supplied with the a/f kit
nice engine & bike built by andy.f in a standard format apart from the crank
regards
big pete lambro63 (spiderman)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information