Exhaust Change

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lambytone

Hi. Ive curently got a Ralph Saxelby 42mm big bore on my tv series 2 fitted with a Scooter restorations Ali 185 barrel that is home tuned. The rs exhaust is rattling like a rattley thing with all the baffles loose. I've got a cheapy indian 42mm exhaust spare and may fit it but will I have to change jetting. will there be big difference in power output.
Thanks
Muttley McLadd

Yes. Better to spend your money getting your RS one fixed.
CakeAndArseParty
lambytone

Its not the baffle, but apparently the perforated steel inside the exhaust that is loose. Would it be easier to cut the cone off and weld to a new body or are there modifications to do inside the body?
Train Driver

I will follow this as I have a Ralph clubman and my one rattled until most of the perforated steel shot out the end, I changed over to a MB clubman because the Ralph was too loud :shock:
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
Frautzi

I had the same issue with my Ron Moss big bore, what I did was drill a series (roughly 6) of 10mm holes under the main part of the exhaust then you expose the mesh in the box. Weld the mesh to the hole then back fill the hole and grind of the excess ... Job done no more rattles.

Jay
Better to keep quiet and be thought of as a D!ck Head, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Muttley McLadd

Why not take to Ralph to get them serviced?
CakeAndArseParty
Train Driver

Muttley McLadd wrote:Why not take to Ralph to get them serviced?
When I contacted Ralph he said he was busy (2012) and it wasn't worth it :(
He could sell me a new one but because of his projects I would have to wait 6 months
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
Muttley McLadd

Train Driver wrote:He could sell me a new one but because of his projects I would have to wait 6 months
Only six months? You snapped that little deal up, didn't you?
CakeAndArseParty
lambytone

I havent checked how much it would cost to refurb but am sure I wont be able to afford it. I havent got a lot of disposable income at the mo so have decided to cut the cone off and re-weld to a spanish series 3 exhaust. Will more than likely cut the old one up as well to see if there is any thing else I need to do. I'll look at the exhaust first though to see if there is anything I can do to salvage it before cutting it up.
shocky

lambytone wrote:I havent checked how much it would cost to refurb but am sure I wont be able to afford it. I havent got a lot of disposable income at the mo so have decided to cut the cone off and re-weld to a spanish series 3 exhaust. Will more than likely cut the old one up as well to see if there is any thing else I need to do. I'll look at the exhaust first though to see if there is anything I can do to salvage it before cutting it up.
Id put if up for sale even inthis condition you could get a good few quid for it were in the uk are you
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information