Supermonza / TZR 125 intake rubber + reed spacer

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Arne

I was hoping one of you might be able to help me find these parts. The reed on the supermonza appears to be from a Yamaha TZR 125. The intake rubber Tino delivers it with is for a 30mm dellorto. Does anyone know where a rubber for the larger size carbs is available, like a 38mm airstriker? also, since the intake is much closer to the frame than a TS1, the carb is a little too close to an XXL fuel tank with the TS1 cut out. a reed spacer would fix this. Again if anyone knows a shop that sells these please let me know.

soulsurfer

Have you tried Tino, or whoever supplied your SM? :idea: or you could try CamLam ;-)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Arne

yes i have. tino only makes the rubber for the 30mm carb. i would imagine these are off-the-shelf components for a yamaha, but my google skills can't seem to get it. no, i won't try bing.
RICSPEED

thing is charlie has developed this as a full kit and what he recomends you run ..
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
soulsurfer

RICSPEED wrote:thing is charlie has developed this as a full kit and what he recomends you run ..
Yes, and a Tino supplied setup ain't a Charlie supplied setup either ;)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

how about mount a aluminuim plate anything 5 + mm then add suitable rubber mount from
http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/prod ... folds.html
sorry just seen your in usa , i used a harley carb rubber mount for a 39 keihin.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Speak to charley mate
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
RManson
Main scooter: Jet 200

Sounds like you need a spacer that would mate to the existing reed / intake that would accept a 38mm boot on the other. Pretty simple really and you could make the spacer whatever standoff thickness you need in order to clear the tank.

PM me with the details and I could whip you something up in the mill if need be. I'm in So Cal, btw so shipping would be cheap... ;)

Good luck!
nelson pk

soulsurfer wrote:
RICSPEED wrote:thing is charlie has developed this as a full kit and what he recomends you run ..
Yes, and a Tino supplied setup ain't a Charlie supplied setup either ;)
Very true! The SM's sold by Cam Lam and Charlie are the only ones checked and blue printed by Charlie.
I wouldn't deviate on carbs as both carbs that are recomended for the kit are modified to allow for more fuel flow and you will be flying blind when it comes to set up.
However its your money.
Hope it goes well.

P.s. You'll need a modded, rear exit, fast flow fuel tap as well ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information