Cyclone mk 3 f@@ked

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I've not heard of the first batch having problems...
koomwah

I have a v1 in mine, done approx 2k so far with no problems, touch wood :-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Boo

RAP 200 wrote:Contact dean at Rimini , same thing happened to me after 25 miles ,and a friends lasted a couple of hundred , you need the latest cluster , v4 I think it is , dean replaced all the busted parts but it did take over 4 months and that was after waiting nearly 5 months after sending the first cluster back on recall (v2) type and that was after I was sold a cyclone by a well known German supplier that new it was on recall but sold it to me anyhow , the whole procces from go has taken about 11 months , if it shits itself again it's in the bin and that's the end of it , I will say though I have them in both of my scooters and it really is the only way to go on a tuned motor if they can stay in one piece .
I have contacted Dean will see what happens.
Its a lot of money to go bang.
Lambrettas are for life!
Boo

If there were no issues with v1 why alter it don't make sense :o
Lambrettas are for life!
a.lo.v2
Main scooter: sx 200

just ridden mine for the first time, only did a long route to the MOT and back :) , first impessions are great, always in the power but having to stop myself as fitted new piston.got the v3 cluster as it was recalled before i fitted the v2, time will tell if it lasts , the irony is that the supposed weakness in the v1 never materialised :?
lockman69

I must be missing something here but it surprises me that none of you 5 speed guys appear to be the slightest bit concerned that catastrophic gearbox failure could and probably will sooner or later result in a fatality.

I have no doubt that the manufactures are doing everything they can to resolve the issues with these gearboxes...but they should all be re-called and removed from sale until they can be 100% guaranteed as safe.

Only my opinion....... but your all fecking mad!
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

9000 miles on mine now, euros long rallies coast to coasts done em all,
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

I got a 5speed from royspeed way back aprox 1970 and it never broke and worked fine even though they are supposed to have been fragile. I had a Royspeed 225 ported cylinder, 24mm dellorto and Royspeed exhaust. Don't suppose it was all that powerful compared to modern engines, but is pulled well and did probably a true 70 mph on the flat which was the holy grail back then.

Is the cyclone really better than those old boxes? or are they about the same and unable to cope with todays high output engines.
soupy

v1 in my targa no probs touch wood .
Terrible Taff
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta's & Vespa's

Boo what is the power output of your motor? Is it TS1 or RB based?
Ian T Frankland

Taffspeed Design Innovations
Mob: 07971 818693
Email: terrible.taff@gmail.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information