GP200 head skimming?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ericthered
Main scooter: GP 200 SIL

jason frost wrote:Whats the squish ?
I have no idea, its just standard.
joespeed wrote:cancel the 19 tooth sprocket,try a better carb and exhaust(borrow one) dont bother with the head at this moment you have a reasonable scooter messing about will only result in failure!
I'll be going down the carb/exhaust road too, just won an old 80s Fresco off ebay! (had one back then and loved it) so got the exhaust covered.
Just need to find a cheap 28 or 30mm carb kit. Carb,manifold, and K+N to fit right onto the carb (I would never run anything open).
I've had that set up a few times many moons ago and its worked well, not much good for two up with a 19 tooth though, but otherwise worked well, I dont like to hear the engine working too hard.
But I know where you're coming from so I'll wait and see what its like with Fresco and a bigger carb before thinking about increasing the comp.
Anyone got a good carb/manifold kit to sell?? (cheap :) )
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

ericthered wrote: Anyone got a good carb/manifold kit to sell?? (cheap :) )
If you want cheap you could do a lot worse than check out the PWK clone kit that Corrado (Justlambretta) sells.
I have the OKO version and have been impressed with it. Think it's available as a 24mm which might be ideal for what you want.
ericthered

Cheap by usual prices but I'm afraid not by mine.
I was born in Scotland and raised in Yorkshire so I only pay a quid, and its pretty hard getting that out of the wallet safe too! :D
I was hoping to find a s/h set up for about £50, dont think thats out of the way is it?
If I cant find anything I'll have another look at JustLambretta and see if i can lever open the wallet a bit more ;)
TS1-200

Personally if it goes as you said, I would leave it alone, there is a lot to be said for " if it aint broke don`t fix it" fitting different carbs or exhausts, skimming your cylinder head could only end in tears unless done properly.
Keep on keepin on
ericthered

TS1-200 wrote:Personally if it goes as you said, I would leave it alone, there is a lot to be said for " if it aint broke don`t fix it" fitting different carbs or exhausts, skimming your cylinder head could only end in tears unless done properly.
Wise and correct words, but I dont think I can help myself, I just have to tinker! :roll:

I'm just trying to replicate two scooters I owned many years ago (81 to 84. and another tuned the same in 96 to 98), once I got the jetting right they were nippy, fairly fast (well 75 ish tops), sounded nice and went on and on with no bother.
I wonder what happened to them? (reg Nos KDN71S and SVN863K) :cry:
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

KDN - Unlicensed
SVN - Not found - suggests 'lost' at DVLA computerisation

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPo ... ution=e2s1
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
ericthered

It says on DVLA that it was a 125, but it was a 150 with a stage 4 TV175 engine (and it was black), I guess someone reregistered it. Does the 1986 date liability thing mean that was when it was last taxed? If so the guy I sold it to was probably the last user before it went off the road
I bet it doesn’t exist any more, or just as a few part spread about the country (if that) :cry: .
ScooterLoopyJohn
Dealer
Main scooter: 1970 GP 195cc A/F s'type

I must disagree with this. the head piston relationship/comp ratio is the most important thing to get right on a two stroke engine. If you like i am willing to machine your head to suit using my 3d cnc mill and cad/cam set up. i will need your piston and head you only need to pay the postage. one off offer to prove my methord. cheers John
ericthered

Thanks for the offer John but I dont want to take the scoot off the road yet as I'm having fun and its summer (almost).
Why did you need the piston?
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

So the squish band could be machined to the same dome profile as the piston.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information