AF CASSETTE CLUTCH PROBLEMS.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mcbrid

Bazza - why are you resurrecting an old post about AF cassette clutches when this is the only complaint I've ever heard about them?

The OP clearly got pissed off with his but it sounded very much like his problem was something else either in the gearbox or in the general build.

Agree there is too much fettling to do generally (usually if you buy cheap) but on this occasion credit where credit is due - the AF cassette clutch is a very good product.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Ironically the AF clutch is one of the only things I didn't need to fettle to get it to fit or work. If fitted and correctly adjusted they are fantastic.
bazza3004

If you read my post i dont actually mention the AF clutch i was merely stating the fact that lots of parts need some work to either make fit or finish off to a better standard. In my case the last being a £440 imola kit some months ago that the reed wouldnt even sit flat without me getting the dremel out. As for my thoughts on the AF clutch , i doubt very much i would of just bought one from corrado if i thought they were shite . Despite the fact i had to clean up the casting before fitting (which i had a good idea i would before buying). It was just a general statement regarding parts and seeing as the thread wasnt locked down assumed i was allowed to make a comment no matter how old .
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Used mine for the first time at Elvington [AF Road, unfettled], did about 30 runs and didn't brake it. Nice lightish action on the lever. Missed a few gears but put that down to pilot error.
netweasel

I have installed a few SSC clutches, they are great. They take some setting up though, if it slipped it is because it was constantly disengaged. You need to shave off some of the brass plunger.
bazza3004

Havent had chance to test mine yet martin as only just finishing the engine rebuild but seems to compress and release ok . Should be up and running in next day or two.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information