Fitting a diablo long range tank into a Spanish series 2.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Ihateyoubutler

Will it fit in without any problems? Taken out of my gp.
Thanks.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

It will fit with patience. ;)
Did you have to do that?
Ihateyoubutler

DigDug wrote:It will fit with patience. ;)
Thanks for reply. Any chance you could elaborate on any specific areas that need the f.b.h?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I can't comment of the Diablo tank but the Saigon ones I have that bolt in don't fit S2 because of the cups that hold the bottom tank rubber in place and you need to either cut off the flaps or bend them flat. I'm sure that the flaps can be bent back into position if you wanted to revert to a std set up though.
DigDug

It's just a bit fiddly getting it in without scratching anything or denting it when you whack it with a hammer after getting pissed off with it.

I'd recommend a few dry runs - you don't need to cut anything - you may need some odd width bits of rubber.
Did you have to do that?
Ihateyoubutler

Thanks, much appreciated.
davet

Mine went into a series 1. Just needed to tap the tank supports down a bit on the frame and then back up once the tank was in.
Dell Oughta

I have one in my Series 1, my top tip, is to but some rubber fuel hose (the thick sort you can get from Halfords), cut a few 5" lengths and put a long cable tie through each length of hose, and put these around the frame tube (one at front 1 at rear, below where the tank is located) as a bit of extra cushioning to prevent your tank from touching your frame when you tighten the tank in position.

Mike
DigDug

Dell Oughta wrote:I have one in my Series 1, my top tip, is to but some rubber fuel hose (the thick sort you can get from Halfords), cut a few 5" lengths and put a long cable tie through each length of hose, and put these around the frame tube (one at front 1 at rear, below where the tank is located) as a bit of extra cushioning to prevent your tank from touching your frame when you tighten the tank in position.

Mike
Thats a good idea! 8-)
Did you have to do that?
Morgan
Main scooter: T5 Vespa Mk1

DigDug wrote:Image

It's just a bit fiddly getting it in without scratching anything or denting it when you whack it with a hammer after getting pissed off with it.

I'd recommend a few dry runs - you don't need to cut anything - you may need some odd width bits of rubber.
Cracking scoot.....but is the rear shocker upside down ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information