Scootopia mounts.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Livi- Graeme
Main scooter: Lambretta li 185 series 2

Timbo you can have mine if you really want them but I will not be liable when you get white finger. Corrado scooter centre must have confidence in there product to make such an offer and I for one are completely happy with the outcome.
Train Driver

Also anyone else's engine vibrate more than before the avanti kit was fitted
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
joespeed

anyone running the latest poly mounts with inserts as advertised on street racers?
need some feed back need to fit the best ,no wobble ,no vibration and last a life time so be honest!
kejj

Fitted scootopia mounts last week, need to remove them now because the bike became unridable with the extreme amount of vibrations that weren't there before the mount change (had sil ones before they collapsed just 600km after install).

GT200 engine.
Last edited by kejj on Mon May 30, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shamrockexpress

Really had no knowledge of this thread when i bought my mounts in december when i built my GT motor once on the road the vibration was alot more than the previous SIL mounts but to be honest my first reaction was to check everything else, so knowing my crank newly built and double checked balance also useing the best jap bearings wasn't the problem so i bought a new flywheel to see if it would solve the problem..............no
next was to make sure drive sprocket and chain were aligned,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no probs here, as for the scootopia engine mounts i thought i had bought the best available :roll: . Well on the upside i think i have found my vibration problem will only know for sure once i change mounts so i,m not passing judgement yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Livi- Graeme
Main scooter: Lambretta li 185 series 2

The bgm ones I fitted are still going strong.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

I put scootopia ones on last year did a 15 mile run and took them off. In fairness to scootopia their man at Wickstead said they were hard and would possibly vibrate but I wanted harder ones for the sidecar scooter, not so much engine flex on corners.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

I did my longest run so far today, around 140 miles, on the Eibar fitted with Scootopia mounts (GT186) and I found the vibration to be fine (for Lambretta). They seemed worst at around 40-50mph but smoothed out when up to dual carriageway speed
Fireman Ash

Mine (Scootopia) initially were hard in my dl but are now better, fancy trying the BGM ones on my series 80 ...agree they're a lot harder and maybe the claim may be a little misleading, hard to get them perfect I imagine
kejj

I was mostly amazed by the complete change of feel. Didn't know Lambretta could vibrate that much. It is barely rideable.
This is also a perfect back to back comparison since the mounts were the only changed part on the scooter. It went from some vibration at 2500-3500 rpm to complete nuts vibration all over the Rev range to the extent that I started loosing feel in my hands!

In iron Lambretta cylinders we trust!
Last edited by kejj on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information