Scootopia mounts.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Today I will be fitting BGM mounts as the originals render the bike unridable above 25 mph, vibration White arse, numb hands and arms and blurred vision.
One thing that did occur to me, I fitted a 12v electronic kit during the rebuild and wonder if the flywheel could be out of balance it shakes that bad, I'll report back when I can get out on it when it stops raining.
Scooterdude

There on then, just need it to stop raining now so I can try the damn thing.
kejj

kejj wrote:I did an experiment.
I bought a 2-hole SIL mount from Scooter-center and replaced the flywheel side scootopia mount with this indian 2-hole one. I kept the scootopia mount on the kickstart side. The vibrations are much better, still a lot more than before but at least they are bearable now.
This way I hope I'll get the best of two mounts, a stiff one on kickstart and a soft one on flywheel.

On my other bike, the RT 195, I have BGM mounts, absolutely lovely to ride.
This worked out well. The Indian flywheel mount and scootopia kickstart mount support each other well and the vibrations have been reduced to a manageable level.
Scooterdude

Just been out on it, completely transformed it, full marks BGM. I'm still getting a very slight vibration on tick over and up to probably 10mph but it just goes after that.
afandy

Scootopia mounts ....far too hard ....unrideable
Scooterdude

BGM ones mate, I know they're another tenner but what's a tenner when you can't ride the thing?
shamrockexpress

Is Scootopia doing refunds for these mounts??????????its the least they can do they really caused me a load of heartache!!!
Scooterdude

shamrockexpress wrote:Is Scootopia doing refunds for these mounts??????????its the least they can do they really caused me a load of heartache!!!
Think they state on There site that they're not suitable for certain engine specs, if yours is one that's listed you won't have a leg to stand on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information