Scootopia mounts.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Livi- Graeme
Main scooter: Lambretta li 185 series 2

When rebuilding my engine with an avanti kit I replaced the engine mounts with scootopia ones. The problem I have is I have a horrible vibration at half throttle only. Noticed on scootopia site they don't recommend them to be fitted on ts1 engines. Anyone else having a problem like this. The problem is all the parts were replaced at the same time so don't know what's actually causing the vibration
Weston-scooterist
Main scooter: Lambretta LI150 Special

I had my mounts replaced at scootopia recently, i have noticed a bitmore vibration which i would expect. My old mounts were soft as marshmallow and realy worn, great for soaking up vibrations but not good when cornering :(
whonatic

I've just Scootopia engine mounts fitted to 2 series 2's, stage 4 200's.

The vibration in 8 mile is unbearable, to the point I was feeling pain through my hands/arms above 40mph.

Anyone else have any other experiences of these? I regard Scootopia very highly, a brilliant dealer, so will give them a bell this week.

I usually use SIL mounts but heard good things about these mounts.
jazzyb

If I remember right something was said on lcgb fourm before it crashed about the mounts and vibration :?:
Gazjet1
Main scooter: Lambretta

One of my mates ftted them to his TS1, had to take them back out almost straight away due to the vibration, now using BGM ones which he really rates.
Livi- Graeme
Main scooter: Lambretta li 185 series 2

Just an update on what has happened over the last week for anyone that may be experiencing my problem. I received an unexpected e-mail from Phillip from scooter centre who offered me a foc set of there bgm engine mounts as means of a test to see if it made any difference to the vibration. I must say it's now the smoothest ride I've ever had on this Lambretta. To say I'm extatic is not an exaggeration. Many thanks to scooter centre cologne. Ps one set of scootopia mounts for sale lol. Graeme :D
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

Livi- Graeme wrote:Just an update on what has happened over the last week for anyone that may be experiencing my problem. I received an unexpected e-mail from Phillip from scooter centre who offered me a foc set of there bgm engine mounts as means of a test to see if it made any difference to the vibration. I must say it's now the smoothest ride I've ever had on this Lambretta. To say I'm extatic is not an exaggeration. Many thanks to scooter centre cologne. Ps one set of scootopia mounts for sale lol. Graeme :D
That's great news, what a great piece of work by Scooter Centre, taking such an interest and approach to the issue.

Well done Scooter Centre
jazzyb

Great outcome 8-)
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Good bit of goal poaching there. :shock:
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

So what's the verdict on the Scootopia mounts as I thought they were the best?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information