Taffy copy pipe

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Chris-47
Main scooter: Sx150 li125 gp200

Fitted this pipe today but it runs very close to the bracket that holds the rear boards anyone else had this problem
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Everyone who's fitted one apparently

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30154
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
simonwwfc

Chris-47 wrote:Fitted this pipe today but it runs very close to the bracket that holds the rear boards anyone else had this problem
Chris where did u purchase yours from? I've got exact same issue and had to remove rear runners as it's not a case of trimming runners . I'm wondering if new design fault with them as previous two I bought on other scooters never had issues . I'm now looking at getting my runners fabricated / shortened
Andy W
Main scooter: GP 186 Imola

Hi Chris, I recently fitted a SS one from Corrado to a friends Li, it fitted with no alignment issues. I didn't need to cut the rear runners but will do if he decides to ride 2up, at the moment he rides on his own and weighs in at 7 stone p**s wet through so not a problem.
Can you post some pics so I can see what you mean as I will be fitting another one soon and it helps to no the issues before I start. Cheers Andy
simonwwfc

U can see clearly the issue I had look how close bracket is

joespeed

have you tried loosening all bolts and repositioning the pipe on the slotted bracket! i say this because the tailpipe is pointing up hill with lots of clearance under the bridge piece,
Chris-47
Main scooter: Sx150 li125 gp200

Si I bought mine from scooterotica and there is no adjustment to b made the bracket sits about an inch above the pipe and that's without putting the bolt in which will give less clearance .
simonwwfc

joespeed wrote:have you tried loosening all bolts and repositioning the pipe on the slotted bracket! i say this because the tailpipe is pointing up hill with lots of clearance under the bridge piece,
Yes joe no movement on bracket at all fella only other way is poss get bracket that's welded to exhaust cut and new one re welded with longer slots .
boris
Main scooter: lambretta

I have cut the holes taller on the main bracket to lower the pipe. But it is still touching.
It actually bent the the back of the rear foot board up.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
boris
Main scooter: lambretta

[IMG] not sure if this as worked trying to post pic

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information