Taffspeed Mk4 vs chiselspeeds ADS?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Just wondering as the taffys not available currently how many are using these ADS pipes and what they think of them?

Below image from the chiselspeed site comparing them seems to indicate the ads is as good if not better?

"Above a Taffspeed Mk 4 was put to the test against the Chiselspeed ADS 3, Both of these exhausts are made for the same purpose, for use as a touring exhaust. The ADS 3 produces slightly more power with max horsepower standing at 21.90hp compared to the Taffspeeds 21.20hp. A very nice increase in torque is also achieved, The ADS 3 produces 19.53 ft-lb of torque, compared to the Taffspeeds 17.90, giving an increase of 1.63 ft-lb of toque over what was before spoke about as "the" exhaust to have as a good touring pipe"
Donnie.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

The Chiselspeed certainly looks to make it's power lower down the rev range. I haven't spoken to anyone that's using one,but there are plenty out there. Prices are very reasonable and they are made by Simon Riley, who makes AF's own NK pipes,which you are probably aware of already,cheers,Speedy.
Donnie

They do seem a good price compared to the unavailable taffy. I like the idea of a torquey pipe as I'm running a mugello 186 and 30mm phbh at the moment and had a 48mm clubman which after 5 years is knackered.

Looking to replace it with something torquey that will be able to go on a gt186 kit I'm planning on getting later in the year.

Think the nk wouldn't be suited to my current setup.
Donnie.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

My ADS3 works fine, albeit noisy, Mugello 225 with reed valve and PHBH 26 carb. I just wish I could remember what gearing was in it, I think it'll go a bit taller with no ill effect. It's happy on the motorway mixing it with the HGVs, ie, a true 56 mph with some to spare.
Donnie

Hmmm mines only a muggy 186 non reed valve Martin so 30cc less. Surely it's more than 56mph?
Donnie.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

corrado wrote:My ADS3 works fine, albeit noisy, Mugello 225 with reed valve and PHBH 26 carb. I just wish I could remember what gearing was in it, I think it'll go a bit taller with no ill effect. It's happy on the motorway mixing it with the HGVs, ie, a true 56 mph with some to spare.
Complete thread drift here, but you Martin have strook the nail on the head, squarely and soundly. I'm not mentioning yer top speed , as it does what it does, no more, no less. What you have stated though is the ONE thing that truly matters. You can get past a HGV safely and with progression and without causing the HGV any issues, which makes life good and safe for you and the driver. One of my scoots is a standard P2 and the slightest change of direction in the wind and you and the Wagon driver are screwed. To be able to sit at that genuine 56/60mph is what really does matter above anything on a road scoot. As for noisy pipes,bring em on. I see it as a little tiny defense against blind, stupid, car drivers. :D Cheers, Speedy.
slangen
Main scooter: TV200

That ads3 graph looks mighty fine. Corrado, how is the ground clearance?

I myself bought a taffy mk4 on eBay for my ts1 road tuned engine. It has been hosting a devtour which has been to revy for my taste, hope to get a bit more torque out if it and use a sx200 or tv200 gearing that I have on the shelf. If I remember correctly from a friends Imola with mk4 it sounds lovely. Not contributing really but I will report later on...
camel

i run a taff copy on a reed iron 200 and a ads3 on a reed muggello 225.
both engines are lovly to ride....
the taff seems to rev higher and is marginally quieter than the ads and seem to have more ground clearance
the fattest part of the ads pipe is huge but fits under full bodywork without any mods,it revs out at 6.2k but the power kicks in so early it feels amazingly fast, but my scoot probably wont go much past 70mph...but using 4.4 gearing thats doing 6000 revs...this suits what i wanted...my gripe with them is as corrado has said they are loud,ive put a crosser tailcan on mine to dull the noise
Muttley McLadd

Does anyone still hear from Adam? Is he still about?
CakeAndArseParty
mickjr

he hasn't been on here for nearly a year,must of fell out with someone
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information