Taffspeed Mk4 vs chiselspeeds ADS?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Muttley McLadd

mickjr wrote:he hasn't been on here for nearly a year,must of fell out with someone
I think he'd found a none scooter based hobby.
CakeAndArseParty
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Donnie wrote: Surely it's more than 56mph?
They explode above that. :mrgreen:
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Donnie.
Adspeed

Muttley McLadd wrote:
mickjr wrote:he hasn't been on here for nearly a year,must of fell out with someone
I think he'd found a none scooter based hobby.
Lol :D Still here!
gaz_powell

May or may not help but I run the taff copy on my TS1s with same gearing as taffspeed recommended when their pipes were available and they work great for me.

I`m happy I can pass anything I want to on the motorway and can spend time in the middle and outside lane when necessary without problem.

top speed ???, cruising ???? who knows as I run a 15 quid speedos which after 40-50 are nigh on useless but I know I pass all the wagons/caravans/coaches/restricted vans etc no problem and generally make good time to and from rallies with not many passing me.

I built the same engine and pipe for a mate and coming home from IOW his comment was "this does everything I want in lambretta"
mawso

Adspeed if you're still out there...I've an ADS3 to use, can you recommend gearing to suit a Mugello 225, Stage 4'd by Martin with a reed/boost port, Suzuki piston with windows, 60mm crank/110 Ape rod. It's not fully built yet and I'd read somewhere that you'd used a ratio as tall as 4.2 with a TS1 and the ADS3. Not looking to go that tall but how about 4.6 and if that sounds fine, then what gearing, LI, SX, GP? Is max RPM 7k? Have some loose gears and odd clusters, but don't know what set up to plump for. Cheers :)
camel

Sounds similar too one of my motors..225 mugello..boost ported.30phbh..ads 3...initially ran 4.4 gearing and i could get ut to pull...but its far more lively running 4.7 now
mawso

Hi Camel...what gearbox is that with? I've LI150 3, or Vijay MK2 here at home, but am happy to source the right gearbox...knowing these pipes are limited to around 7k revs (is yours?) I want to give the clutch an easier life too.

Cheers :)
camel

I currently use an early li 125 with 18x46 ...it has a very short first gear that gives it a good initiall punch...and still allows tall ratios in fourth..im on a 4 plate clutch still with strong springs and it copes fine..it revs out maybe 7.5 k through the gears..im getting 21bhp and 23ft.lbs of torque...my only gripe is their too loud for my liking causing me too experiment with different mufflers.
Adspeed

Glad to hear they're getting good use.

I'm running an MB Clubman at the minute lol!!

Wanted a standard looking GP but had it a couple of years like this and now ready for a change.

Got a hole in the left panel so gonna go ADS3 with reeded Muggelo 230 I think :D

I'd say 4.6 should be about right. I did go to 4.2 and it was a proper mile muncher 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information