Halogen bulb / xenon bulb

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
watto66

Hi all

Here we go !

Thought I would tray an upgrade my my front bulb from a standard 12 volt set up to something a bit brighter after hearing and reading good things about the xenon one reed speed do and also the Alford's type. Fitted the xenon low beam worked for a while tried the halfords nothing put the old round 12 volt in nothing LOL in crap at wiring the I've checked earths etc all seem fine speedo bulb is taking all power v bright and hot any ideas ? It's anew bgm stator 120 watt

Thanks
coaster

Clean the spring contacts in the bulb holder and bend slightly if needed, check everything is pugged in including the earth wire.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

coaster wrote:Clean the spring contacts in the bulb holder and bend slightly if needed, check everything is pugged in including the earth wire.
As above, plus change the rear light and speedo bulbs for LED ones. They won't draw as much power as standard bulbs. You want as much power as poss going to the main bulb. The bgm rear LED boards are very good, or suitable LED bulbs can be sourced from eBay for very little money.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information