GT big block experiance : New GT crank info added

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
jimmers

I was looking amazon direct only suppliers??? Or any dealers got one???
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

got what?
kejj

Think he refers to a kepher 3 to sale to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Leave a message on the kheper website faq asking when the next production run will be, they do respond.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
jimmers

Rich_T wrote:got what?
Kheper v3
eden
Dealer

They will be back in stock later this month. The Kheper V3 that is.......

George, the curve you use is very dependant on the state of tune of your top end as well as how you intend to ride it.
If you have very low head compression you don't need it to back off quite as far for example, also If your top end doesn't have long enough blowdown to allow it to rev high, again you don't need it to back off as far.
The RPM that the retard starts to drop at is also dependant on the top end characteristics and what RPM you intend to cruise at.
One curve just doesn't fit all, which is why the Kheper is the best advance retard system by far.
Don't be to worried about experimenting as long as your not silly with the curves you create. There are 3 curves you can programme which you can easily switch between via the phone app. Try programming 3 different curves and go out and see what works best with your motor and how you ride, then tweak the other two curves around the one that works best and so on and so forth.

You do need to run your motor in 1st though using a safe curve just in case of any build related issues. A motor can survive a bad curve if the motor has no other issues, but a motor already on the edge due to build problems or component problems can be tipped over the edge by a moderate curve.
jimmers

Eden, you will have them in stock?
GeorgeS

Here's the curve I will try next, whih is based on the RS125 stock map from Rich_T:

I've not been out in the last week, so not tried it yet, but hoping I can feel the difference. Certainly having timing at 24 degree at low revs makes pulling away 'messy', if you know what I mean.

I'll do some more reading up to get some more knowledge on this kind of stuff as I feel like I'm poking in the dark at the moment, but good to read those words that I'll likely not break something by getting it wrong.
Last edited by GeorgeS on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeorgeS

Related to this ignition timing subject, MB posted a few days back about the kytronic device & gave the following 3 curves.

He's written up some info on the device & set up here: http://www.mbscooters.co.uk/info/mb-*-f ... s+283.html

I'll have a try of the 1st two curves on the kheper & see how it goes (& keep the RS125 curve as my 3rd custom). Any thoughts or comments anyone? Maybe we need a separate topic just for ignition curves, or even some guidance in the form of an article Dan?

Standard to Mild - 6 degrees advance:

Mild to Wild - 8 degrees

Wild to Full race spec - 12 degrees
Last edited by GeorgeS on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmers

Still no stock of the Kepher v3 :-(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information