GT big block experiance : New GT crank info added

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

great video, i like the way you kept your cool, i think i would have been very pissed off if it was me, looks like they gave your scoot a full mot, i was impressed you took the logbook, did they ask you about the weight, maybe they thought you were overloaded, i presume you found your way back to the motorway, they took you a long way. on the plus side weather looked good and scoot sounded nice, is that the new engine case ?
holty
:D
eden
Dealer

No its not the new engine case,

my GT250 is my rally horse this year as long as it stays together lol
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

I agree with holty, great vid! They were looking at the bike as if they'd captured a ufo! Bet they were envious watching you ride off.
Swat
Main scooter: AF Rayspeed S type GP225

That stretch of the A3 past the grounded Zeppelin (think its actually a hotel) was great, that said the outside lane wasn't for the faint hearted. I rather think the european 'plod' aren't too au-fait with tuned scooters & so, happening across Eden & wife at warp speed in the outside lane must have have caused a "Got in Himmel" type statement.
warts
Main scooter: honda

Carrying all your documents is a requirement in most European counties from way before any EU regs.
In Germany, a "Historic" vehicle must be absolutely standard. No changes in spec allowed. Plates have an H prefix. Perhaps that is what there were looking for?
Other vehicles must be as per homologation/type approval papers, with any changes also approved. Any vehicle parts/accessories sold on the German market must have the expensive TUV certification.

The "Zeppelin" is the Hilton hotel and a few posh offices. Underneath are the train and tram stations and multilevel car parks.
Trojan
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA INNOCENTI

True, any modifications in Germany is subject to type approval and its a pain....Great video there Eden and well done for keeping your cool, them Politzie are a pain especially if British, I ve had many a run ins with them OBERFURHERS,lol, makes me wonder if they are all Veptha riders :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .......... 8-)
eden
Dealer

Last Friday going to Cleethorpes two up with luggage on my GT250, 130 miles in 2.5 hours.

Video is a bit long so I doubt anyone will watch it all but I uploaded all of the trip to give a real world view of a typical journey on this motor.

I needed to get to the camp site before dark to pitch my tent.

jimmers

What advance / retard / map able units people running with gt kits? Good results? Feedback? Please
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

My experience is with Kheper or Aprilia RS125. The important thing is that the system must retard at start up and tick-over, then advance, then back off with high revs. Systems that only retard are no good as they are running something like 25 BTDC at start and tick-over which is risky. Also ignitions should run a single triggered spark per revolution.
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Rich_T, I'm going to try the RS125 curve that you gave me on my Kheper (the mid 'stock' line) and see how that feels.

I'm really clueless on what I should be doing & cautious I could do more harm than good, but following something implemented by a manufacturer gives reassurance, plus you've had a positive experience with it already.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else with their experiences good & bad.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information