GT big block experiance : New GT crank info added

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
czeckson
Main scooter: Lambretta SX150

has soon come, yet ?
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Eden posted pics on facebook of a 1st build using one yesterday so I'd say very close now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

czeckson wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:39 pm has soon come, yet ?
Soon has arrived! Side cases available from Wednesday next week. There is a bunch on back order some please register your interest quickly. The price is £160 inc VAT for machined side case and kick start bushes fitted. The target was less, I know, but the tooling was a very tough struggle, hence the 12 month delay.
czeckson
Main scooter: Lambretta SX150

Finally all the parts have come together.
Now it´s time to build that Engine
(Avanti TT3, BGM 60/110, CRIMAZ 5-speed, Pipedesign S-Box, ...)
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Just posting to say a big thank you to Eden and Rich. Myself and my brother built two 240's for the euro and ran them in on the journey there. Economical, torquey and very satisfying to ride. For me 17 46 on an li box with an af road clutch, casa ignition and an old pm exhaust. I bought an exhaust for the build but couldn't make it fit. My brother ran 17 47 on an li box with an lth clutch, fran race and a casa ignition as well. My only problem was losing cowling screws and because of this running to 210 degrees C but no seize! My brother's only drama was losing his bridge piece fixings. We had to buy new tyres because we wore out rears on the journey over. It's the first time in my scootering life that a package has completely exceeded expectations.
ove

Good to hear. What pipe? Carb and jetting are you running? What mpg did you get?
Yeah I know I'm a nosey f@@ker.
Thanks ove
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Hi ove, I'm worried posting up the settings...I'm sure there are better set ups but the following are what work on my scooter. phbh 30 carb, casa filter, 50 slide, av268, x13 needle 2nd notch, 55 pilot, 148 main, pm exhaust. I don't know the mpg but myself and my brother did the euro with 2 others on rt195's and there wasn't a huge difference between the scoots. We were cruising between 70 and 80 kmh, the speed limit on french b roads. With a 12 liter tank I needed to stop long before the scoot ran out of fuel!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information