B G M stator falling to bits

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
DJ 240
Dealer

Hi should have really posted this when it had happened Be careful the 120 that i fitted the pick up securing screw is just a
normal screw so there is nothing to which taps itself too they are normally glued in this one was not and welded pick up to flywheel
i did not check this at point of fitting but thought BGM it would be sound so be careful been told they are made in far east ?
soullad
Dealer

I've also seen replacement pick-ups that are better than the ones fitted upto now. That said theres nowt wrong with the older ones, just that they've improved on them further.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Might be wrong...BUT I think zak at lambretta cottage makes his own 120 stators.I know he makes his own simple looms cause I got one and he supplys to other scooter shops and everything I have bought from him is top notch and hes a nice guy to boot.. :mrgreen:
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Bufficus

I'm still trying to work out what advantages these stators have over the SIL one I replaced.

The lights are still the same. And you can't run 'extras' off them despite what some dealers claim.

And although they look nice and shiny in the box the build quality of some has been questionable.

:?
al-super3

Bufficus wrote:I'm still trying to work out what advantages these stators have over the SIL one I replaced.

The lights are still the same. And you can't run 'extras' off them despite what some dealers claim.

And although they look nice and shiny in the box the build quality of some has been questionable.

:?
I also have been thinking the same, is it a regulator issue ie not 120w to match
To me if you are trying to get 120w out of 55w regulator it cant work but not sure if i have got that wright

Cheers Al
Scream at me until my ears bleed
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information