Clutch again !!!!!!!!!!!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
vespaloco
Main scooter: changes by the day

Got a friends TV175 with a Muggello kit fitted and last week asked me to have a look at the clutch and a give it a good service.
All was well but the rear sprocket was worn and clutch was slipping no problem so i thought.

So fitted a SIL rear sprocket and bushes new plates oil and gasket come and and get scoot happy days.
30 mins later phone ring come and get me clutch slipping again !!!
Pulled it back in metal plates are Burnt PURPLE incredicle.
So again new clutch plates a new set of metals and this time new springs also.Again new gaskets and oil.
Decided to try scoot myself today all olk for 5 kms then went to overtake and started slipping again.!!!
Buggered if i know.Anybody had any issues with SIL Rear sprockets not being machined deep enough.
Cable isnt too tight and cant really see any issues with top plate hitting kickstart shaft because is saying first clutch lasted 10000 miles !!

Thanks in Advance.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Fitted 3 clutches (kept burning them out) some lasted a thousand miles one lasted 50 !! In a field at Mersea Island with a slipping clutch i fitted a new spider as i thought steels might be catching if slightly warped. Clutch still didn't feel right so "under pressure from mates" changed the inner and outer cable. The old cable felt ok when disconnected but changed the cable anyway. Cable was slightly frayed (out of sight on a bend) and must have been holding the clutch off, but only slightly or just now and then. New clutch inner and outer fitted and not had a problem since.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Had a similar problem and fitted a spider without the locating pin. Problem solved...
vespaloco
Main scooter: changes by the day

Ok Cheers lads.will have a look tomorrow,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information