Single saddles

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
kevspeed

Can anybody guide me through the re-springing of Lambretta series 2 saddle seats?,i have the seat frames and two bags of new springs and clips.I have never had to do this before,so all help/advice appreciated,thanks.......Kev.
db67

I bought I refurb kit with all the springs & clips a few years ago, can't remember where from though! :oops: & all I did was cut some of the springs to length so that they had good tension. hope this helps db67 ;)
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

I think I got my springs from Scootopia years ago
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

Its reasonably straightforward clip at the back of the frame and then stretch the spring to the corresponding hole on the front, it will be obvious where the different length springs need to be (longer spring to bridge the longer gaps) keep it symmetrical and you'll be there or thereabouts. However nothing you do will make it comfortable.

kevspeed

That's exactly what I was in need of,thanks all,here goes..........................................
By the way,great avatar Diesel,Spike Milligan has always been a comedy hero of mine!!
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I looked a set of replacement springs yesterday. It just appeared it was a straight like for like replacement ...... unless you didn't have any to replace to start with.
kevspeed

The frames were bare,all I had were two bags of springs and 'clips',they look cheap and nasty and all were too long once tensioned,i ended up by cutting 2 1/2 inches off each one,once they were fitted!,another load of cheap tat that was bought were the 'shiney' bolts and springs!,they don't fit into the larger 'washer',and the nuts on the bolts 'rattled' about on the thread!!
The next time anybody gives me 'el cheapo' repro parts to fit,ill make them send them back,or tell them to get someone else to do it!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information