Electronic external pick up?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eadmr04

Anyone using the external type pick up. I don’t know much about them and am no electronics expert but they just seem like a no brainier? You don’t have to remove the flywheel to adjust your timing or if the pickup fails you can swap it over in a matter of minutes without any special tools. Am I missing something or are they way forward?
coaster

eadmr04 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:04 pm Anyone using the external type pick up. I don’t know much about them and am no electronics expert but they just seem like a no brainier? You don’t have to remove the flywheel to adjust your timing or if the pickup fails you can swap it over in a matter of minutes without any special tools. Am I missing something or are they way forward?
I have external pickups as sold my Scootronics (Anthony Tambs) and I love them. Easy to install and adjust as you say and the other advantage is that the standord pickup is still there in case of failure just requiring the pickup wire tyo be connected. Some people wire them via a 3 pole switch so that either can be selected. I did suffer one failure but that was due to the bracket breaking after arounf 5k miles. I;d forgotten that the brackets had been redisigned and a free version 2 bracket available, mine was still the Mk1 :oops: That was in the middle of Spain en route to the Spaniush Euro a couple of years ago and I was up and running again within 15 minutes 8-)
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

+1 on all three of my scooters.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information