PX forks into series 2

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

I have seen various vespas with lambretta forks.
Is it possible to put vespa disc forks into a series two lambretta.
Robbie
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Not directly but in theory should be possible.

Check this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301068673195? ... 1423.l2649
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
wrecklessrobbie

Yes I have seen that. That's a gp frame they are slightly shorter on the steering column aren't they.
rosscla

They are but a decent welder could sort that out very quickly, do a search on here for fork dimensions.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
wrecklessrobbie

The reason I asked the question about PX forks into a series 2 is due to the disc brake.
Piaggio must have developed a disc brake for the p range that works efficiently.
The caliper and disc I presume are specific for the wheel size. Same size as lambrettas. I am wondering will they work on lambrettas. Has any one tried the vespa disc setup ( after modification) on a lambretta

Robbie
rosscla

Most of the PM hubs would slot right into your series 2 forks and use a more suitable size disk and the grimeca / vespa caliper.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information