Crankshafts

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Hotdog

What are the best 58mm cranks on the market ? 107 or 110 conrod, not intrested in the many mec style cranks. My short list of cranks so far to buy are-
1. camlam's ultimate 58/107
2. BGM pro 58/110
3. AF 58/107
4. Evergeen 58/107
5. mito race cranks
Any thoughts on any the above or any others would be helpful.Cheers
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Sil GP 58mm webs with an uprated bearing and rod kit, which many of the main dealers have used for decades. Indeed, AF had to revert to these for a while as they were the only cranks that would hold the power of the RB kits.

Other suppliers of these cranks were/are, Readspeed, Taffspeed, Harry Barlow, AF, etc. Many dealers will sell you a more expensive crank but few will sell you a better crank... regardless of claims.

Adam
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
Hotdog

What is believed to be the best crankshaft webs, GP SIL or Innocenti items ? also are AF Rayspeed old race conrods 107mm any good ?
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

SIL and YES
Russell
Main scooter: 1966 Lambretta SX200

What do people think of the Camlam GP Ultimate crank?
nelson pk

Adam_Winstone wrote:SIL and YES
I agree that SIL webs with an upgraded bearing and con rod are good value and strong for the money.

The Cam lam ultimate crank is excellent. I have the 116mm con rod version which is run in the super Monza. The bigger benefit of this crank is how well it balanced but it could be over kill on some engines as it depends on what engine you are running.

Which ever crank you fit....fitting the bearing race on in an incorrect way or fitting the crank in the casing using hammers etc will ruin the alignment.

Also I would go for a 116mm rod with a piston to suit as this will give slightly more torque and should run smoother but again it depends on how much money you want to throw at your engine.
gaz_powell

I run SIL webs with the AF RB rod kit on my TS1`s - got 2 and have used them in two other TS engines I have built.

Using SIL webs with a yam rd400 rod for my new TS1 200 motor
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

I have used SIL webs and a quality 107mm rod kit in every TS1 motor I,ve ran and never had an issue. It is said that a 110mm rod helps prolong the big end life and makes for a smoother engine,but I couldn't say as I've never used one,although I have no reason to doubt this,else folk wouldn't keep converting to the 110mm rod. Regards the Evergreen cranks,weren't they the ones that had trouble with the weights falling out?.Afriend using the mb/bgm crank on his standard TS1 claims it has transformed his scoots running,regards the smoothness,but he was also told that the full circle crank would increase his power,but it hasn't.
nelson pk

speedy wrote:Regards the Evergreen cranks,weren't they the ones that had trouble with the weights falling out?..
The ultimate cranks that Cam lamb sell are balanced and aligned by a very experienced tuner. Dont think you'll have any issues ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information