Removing Power jet

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

Looking at the possibility of removing my powerjet on my TM30, it's fitted to a Rapido 225 and I think the powerjet is overkill as the engine doesn't rev that high.

There must be as much fuel being sprayed out than being sucked in :shock:

Is there a blanking off kit or is it a case of just blocking the pipe somehow, I am running a 240 main jet at the moment anyone reccomend which main jet to try if powerjet is removed?
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
soulsurfer

If the engine isn't revving enough to use the power jet then fuel spraying out isn't caused by the power jet and you could just leave it as is, but if you want to blank it just find a screw with the same size thread, cut it to a suitable length and saw a slot in the top to screw in. I would also check your jetting if you have excessive spitback.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

I have had it dynoed and it was reccomended that i remove the PJ but the guy doing the dyno didn't have the correct jets to safely do it so I was due to take it back a week later but never went.

The scoot runs fine and I know its running rich but I'm alarmed at how much fuel it uses and how much is on the runners so assumed that the PJ was overkill
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I've had to block off the PJ on my TMX27 as the feed to it got damaged. Think it's a 4mm thread. I just cut a piece of a 4mm bolt and cut a slot in it for a screwdriver, just make sure it doesn't protrude from the hole. Mine was a 60 so I'm upping the main by that amount. Before 250 main, 60 PJ.... after 310 main.
Not sure how that'll make it spit out less, if anything I'd of thought it'd be worst, but at least it's cheap enough to try.
Bufficus

Dazza wrote: There must be as much fuel being sprayed out than being sucked in :shock:
Is it a Race Rapido? I've not come across one that doesn't spit like crazy.

Inlet timing?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information