kytronic

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
BIRDY3263
Main scooter: rb 20 gp

hi anybody fitted the kytronic unit ? we have just fitted one on a mates scoot and set timing to 24 but when the kytronic units fitted the timings at about 10 and moves up with revs seems to be going the wrong way any ideas?
gp200ts1
Main scooter: lambretta series 2

it will drop back around 12 degrees for the 1st 1500/2000 revs then go back to near the static timing until 4000 rpm. it will then start to retard as the rpm increases. it all depends on what power curve you are using. if you look at the graphs on the kytronik site it shows how the curve plot out compared to rpm
boris
Main scooter: lambretta

Thats great thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

Yes, they have very good instructions online and well selected ignition curves to suit most scooterists. There are even two of them, position 8 and position 9, that are for "street racer, Vespa or Lambretta, with ported cylinder kits and expansion exhuasts" to paraphrase them.

MB also has a very informative write up on them and ignition timing in general on their tech site.
BIRDY3263
Main scooter: rb 20 gp

well fitted it to an rt195 with mb clubman went wth 23 static and setting 7 on the box he only did a few miles home so no real results yet' just threw us at idle when it went down to about 12 and then went up as apposed to my mtech that starts at 23 and then goes straight down
thebassmasta
Main scooter: GP TS1 240

my kytronik arrived this morning, ive been reading all the set ups and im still a little confused to what my setting should be.

MY SET UP

IMOLA 186 Ultimate (with wider yamaha reedblock and twin boost port)
JL4 Expansion
30mm Dellorto
Italian Li150 gearbox
Is mine Lambretta with cylinder kit and optimised pipe? or Street Racer lambretta with ported cylinder kit and proper expansion pipe?
Which curve would people recommend?
MRB tech site say set static timing to 25 degrees
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

As far as I know, the Kytronik Smart Booster advances the timing from 0 - 3,000 or 4,000 rpm, then retards from there depending on the curve chosen.

Lots of info here: http://www.kytronik.com/sb

Kytronik is also working on a fully programmable Smart Booster with USB port for users to develop and upload their own curves from their PC.
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

thebassmasta wrote:my kytronik arrived this morning, ive been reading all the set ups and im still a little confused to what my setting should be.

MY SET UP

IMOLA 186 Ultimate (with wider yamaha reedblock and twin boost port)
JL4 Expansion
30mm Dellorto
Italian Li150 gearbox
Is mine Lambretta with cylinder kit and optimised pipe? or Street Racer lambretta with ported cylinder kit and proper expansion pipe?
Which curve would people recommend?
MRB tech site say set static timing to 25 degrees
The answer would be where you want your timing to finish up... 17deg?, 15 Deg? 13 Deg?

If the curve retards your timing from 25deg static by 8deg then you'll finish at 17.... but if you select the 12deg curve then you'll finish at 13...

but if you set your static at 29deg, you'll finish at 17deg with the 12 curve.
thebassmasta
Main scooter: GP TS1 240

cambridge recommend a static timing of 15 deg on standard electronic
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

Well to achieve a final position of 15, set it to 23 or 27 depending on what series of curves you choose...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information