Uprated Lambretta Clutch...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mark

my readspeed one is a light two finger clutch so i would get your m8 to check routing and fit a taffspeed nylon lined cable .
soulsurfer

mark wrote:my readspeed one is a light two finger clutch so i would get your m8 to check routing and fit a taffspeed nylon lined cable .
Nylon fitted and routing fine, I can only assume he was sent the wrong springs :?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I'm going to be fitting the same set up as JIMS in the race scoot but I'm also building a Rapido 250 that I'm putting one of the SSC motor bike clutches into, despite my reservations on it's build quality.
Funilly enough the one person who looked at it at Wicksteed (a well known top tuner who has his own clutch on the market) who I expected to tear it apart, was the one person who thought it was fine. Not sure at the moment which oil to use with it.
soulsurfer

Who makes the "Japanese clutch"?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

soulsurfer wrote:Who makes the "Japanese clutch"?
The Japanese. :D :lol: :D
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

soulsurfer wrote:Who makes the "Japanese clutch"?
The one I'm using is made by morris-lambretta who posts on here. Thinks he's from Thailand and makes the clutches for SSC.
soulsurfer

Is it the same as the one on here?...
http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... tch#p19900
How much are they?
col@garageartwerks
Dealer
Main scooter: Anima mundi lambretta ts1 225

i'm like you shocky... when i first built my ts1 i went through clutches every 100 miles so got in touch with jem booth who told me to put an original italian spider in because they are cyanide hardened (marked with a triangle on the underside)... managed to prise one off jem and rebuilt clutch using surflex b plates (4) and taffspeed uprated spings.... clutch was in for 3 years attending loads of runs and rideouts mostly 2 up for a full year .. never held back on the power and alot of the rideouts were up hill and down dale... only replaced the plates for this year because i felt i had to not because they were knackered....
artwork on feature scooters : exiled,300,pure seduction,future shock,ink inflicted,carter usm,faithful friend,anima mundi,animal,ratfink,serenity,what is and what should never be,von dutch,the lost generation,grim fairytale
facebook 'the garage artwerks'
soulsurfer

soulsurfer wrote:
mark wrote:my readspeed one is a light two finger clutch so i would get your m8 to check routing and fit a taffspeed nylon lined cable .
Nylon fitted and routing fine, I can only assume he was sent the wrong springs :?
Must've been supplied with the wrong springs, they've now been changed and it's much lighter.
mark

good to know mate .
havent forgot to ring you just waiting for euro to be gone then i will call about electrics
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information