TV2 Anorac Airbox question !

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Rotor
Main scooter: 1960 S2 Italian

Hi I think /thought I bought a wide kneck TV2 airbox but it has a the spring clip for the elbow? my early S2 Li125 airbox has the narrow neck and thumb/buterfly nut, so did the TV2 wide neck change to spring clip type towards the end of production, or have I bought a lemon, either way it will work for what I need, but curious. :geek:
Part no I have is IGM-2105 S ?
Thanks Paul
onefortheroad
Main scooter: Li125 series 2

gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

As far as i know the airbox was changed on all series 2 models to clip type when they changed the carbs fro Bs5 to Bs7 ,
vegansydney

I've got a 'wide neck' airbox in front of me and the neck measurement is as follows: OD 42mm, ID 39mm (at the skinniest part). It has no IGM.

To the best of my knowledge the TV/2 had the skinny neck airbox (with the S3 style internal baffle) from very early 1960 until end of production----the change corresponded with the change from the MA-23 to the MA-21 carb. Happy to be corrected but didn't the the late airboxes retain the skinny neck despite the change from MA-21-BS5 to MA-21-BS7 and the change from the wing nut to spring clip?
Rotor

Great thankyou for putting that up some very helpfull extra pages Ive not seen before amongst that file :D
Paul
Rotor

gerryjunior wrote:As far as i know the airbox was changed on all series 2 models to clip type when they changed the carbs fro Bs5 to Bs7 ,
This is the answer I was really hoping for :geek: Just need to get a check up on the part no's !
Paul
Rotor

vegansydney wrote:I've got a 'wide neck' airbox in front of me and the neck measurement is as follows: OD 42mm, ID 39mm (at the skinniest part). It has no IGM.

To the best of my knowledge the TV/2 had the skinny neck airbox (with the S3 style internal baffle) from very early 1960 until end of production----the change corresponded with the change from the MA-23 to the MA-21 carb. Happy to be corrected but didn't the the late airboxes retain the skinny neck despite the change from MA-21-BS5 to MA-21-BS7 and the change from the wing nut to spring clip?
Hmmm the plot thickens ! I will measure mine tomorow and see too ?
Thanks Paul
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Airbox filter pipe was screw on until Jan 61 and clip on Feb 61 until end of production.
My early ridgeback 1959 version has the airbox with large hole and no swan neck in it, my later 1960 TV has thin neck airbox with swan neck fitted and both are bolt on type.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information