Cyclone 5

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ssteam177
Main scooter: vba malossi 221, api series2

wack 63 wrote:Scary. Had both scoots been stood a while and maybe the clutch plates had stuck together and not disengaged properly causing it to crunch into 1st? If mine has been stood a while it used to stall when I selected 1st but I always work the clutch in and out a few times before putting into gear now. I believe the cluster is designed so that alternative loose 1st and 4th gears can be fitted so maybe the mesh is not as positive as a 4 speed? But then again DRT would know what they are doing so wouldn't have thought it would be a problem.
Wack63 , mine had been ridden for everyday the week it happened to mine and I had travelled just under 400km problem free
I went to take off from the traffic lights then bang I was then left to push it home for a 1km not much fun
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU BUY
IT'S WHAT YOU BUILD!!!!
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Very disappointing for you, have you been in touch with Rimini?
ssteam177
Main scooter: vba malossi 221, api series2

I've been in contact with Rimini and posted the damaged parts back to them early December Rimini received them and has forwarded them to drt now I'm waiting on a verdict on mine
Rap200's just happened today
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU BUY
IT'S WHAT YOU BUILD!!!!
Lamaddict

Well, I thought about getting one but seeing that pic has put me off. However, Good Luck to Rimini and DRT they are certainly good dealers, no doubt.
Russell
Main scooter: 1966 Lambretta SX200

I was just thinking the same thing! Heard lots of great reports but now not so sure...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Dont let this put you off getting one. Ive done 6500 miles on mine this year, in a RB260, I did the coast to coast, went to avignon on it after Dean advised me not to, loads of motorway thrashing & I havent had any major problems with it since the start of the season. I wouldnt want to go back to 4 gears again.
Last edited by jonashford on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weedodger
Main scooter: Indian gp casa 185 and 200

crikey, iv just bought a cyclone 5.off martin through jet set.........now i wonder if i can return it. dont want to build an engine and have this s**t happen, and cant afford to have it as an ornament!!
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

It's like everything to do with scooters, just suck it and see. How many people blow expensive kits up and others don't? How many Varitronic flywheels break etc...
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

I just want some sort of reliability- I don't want to be riding round wondering if or when somethings going to blow.

Be it an electronic kit; tubeless rims; 5 speed gear boxes; top end kits; crankshafts; tyres etc etc etc......

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

I have one in a Stock SX200…..in fact I twisted the crank in it……. :oops: gearbox is fine…….
Also have one in a TS1 ……..no problems so far and lots of miles on that one.
My third one is going in a road tour GT225 Kit. For rallies and touring this 5 speed set up
is excellent…..for city and town riding I use my silver special 4 speed pacemaker scoot.
Sorry to hear you are having issues with it……best speak to Dean and see what the issues are.
Don't let it put you off fitting one………Stuart Owen did try fitting one in my Targa but the
casing was having none of it and it self destructed .. The gearbox not the engine 8-)
So I know how frustrating it can be…….persevere and all should be good. Happy New Year 8-)
G
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information