CASA 210, Any info/opinions?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

b) Leave everything the same, other than have the barrel rebored to 225 and buy a head to suit.

Adam[/quote]
Thanks Adam,good food for thought there and also to everyone else. If he went 225 on the sil barrel,would he be best to leave the porting as is,or maybe just have it flowed a little better,without having a proper stage 4 tune done.Also will his 42mm clubman surfice,or should he opt for a 48mm or perhaps go all out super clubman, ancillotti or gori etc,etc? cheers,Speedy.[/quote]

I'd start by leaving the porting exactly as it is. SIL Stg IVs often have poorly raised transfer timing, which will be improved (reduced) by the overbore to 70mm, the inlet and exhaust timing should be fine for what he's after too. If he wants better pulling up hills and a relaxed cruising ability then the standard porting will be fine. Most 'porting' works by increasing power at the cost of pushing the power higher up the rev range, losing low rev power at the same time. As such, going for additional porting might be working in the opposite direction to what is actually wanted here.
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

cezeta wrote:
ktmh5 wrote:
cezeta wrote:tried and tested rapido classic 225 tm24 and clubman will give 15bhp

the rt will do similar

good easy touring options
Surprised by this as I'm running a 225 Classic Rapido, 30mm phbh and MB Big Box and am only getting 13 bhp on Dan's dyno.
something wrong with it maybe or a better spread and less peak. my shitty slugello 225 gave more than 13 bhp (just) and thats not a fast scooter at all. in fact it will not do 70mph whatever i do to it.

jb s dyno by the way
Graphs and comments here:-

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 53&t=26485
cezeta

i think you are ok with what you have, as i thought its not got a peak but power lower down and for longer.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

Adam_Winstone wrote:b) Leave everything the same, other than have the barrel rebored to 225 and buy a head to suit.

Adam
Thanks Adam,good food for thought there and also to everyone else. If he went 225 on the sil barrel,would he be best to leave the porting as is,or maybe just have it flowed a little better,without having a proper stage 4 tune done.Also will his 42mm clubman surfice,or should he opt for a 48mm or perhaps go all out super clubman, ancillotti or gori etc,etc? cheers,Speedy.[/quote]

I'd start by leaving the porting exactly as it is. SIL Stg IVs often have poorly raised transfer timing, which will be improved (reduced) by the overbore to 70mm, the inlet and exhaust timing should be fine for what he's after too. If he wants better pulling up hills and a relaxed cruising ability then the standard porting will be fine. Most 'porting' works by increasing power at the cost of pushing the power higher up the rev range, losing low rev power at the same time. As such, going for additional porting might be working in the opposite direction to what is actually wanted here.[/quote]
Thankyou Adam,i've not been on for a few days ,so only just seen your post.I shall pass on this info to Nick for him to digest.Much appreciated.Cheers,Speedy.
speedy

Adam_Winstone wrote:b) Leave everything the same, other than have the barrel rebored to 225 and buy a head to suit.

Adam

I'd start by leaving the porting exactly as it is. SIL Stg IVs often have poorly raised transfer timing, which will be improved (reduced) by the overbore to 70mm, the inlet and exhaust timing should be fine for what he's after too. If he wants better pulling up hills and a relaxed cruising ability then the standard porting will be fine. Most 'porting' works by increasing power at the cost of pushing the power higher up the rev range, losing low rev power at the same time. As such, going for additional porting might be working in the opposite direction to what is actually wanted here.[/quote]
Thankyou Adam, I shall pass on the extra info to me mate Nick. Only just seen this post as not been on for a few days.Cheers,Speedy.
speedy

Well it's been a while, but me mate Nik has made his choice. :roll: He found out the casa 210 was being discontinued after a small batch run of last ever kits and decided to get one. He was very happy with the build quality when it came and has had it built into his motor. 58x107 gp mec crank, sil electronic, short fin, standard weight flywheel 22mm phbl delly and a clever home design air filter design to go in the serveta airbob in the toolbox. Finally a 42mm clubman pipe finishes the scoot off. He took it to Jerome at Readspeed to get it properly set and dynode. He says it feels really torquey and smooth, which is what he wanted, however I think he was gobsmacked at the bhp figures...........A massive 8 BHP!!! :shock: Will have to see how it goes on the road when fully run in.
Lamaddict

I've a MB SIL 215cc RT piston set up with the right MB arranged head etc, it's great kit in every way IMO. Unless you are going for balls out speed there's nothing wrong with tuned SIL barrels. I'm building a RB250 but that's for speed and balls out acceleration etc. So, save some money and get a tuned SIL set up.
dutch

i've not read all the post on here but i'm running the rt225 with the bgm exhaust and 28mm kehein through a breathsweet and it a great touring set up with great mpg and plenty of tourque.
Adam_Winstone

speedy wrote:Well it's been a while, but me mate Nik has made his choice. :roll: He found out the casa 210 was being discontinued after a small batch run of last ever kits and decided to get one. He was very happy with the build quality when it came and has had it built into his motor. 58x107 gp mec crank, sil electronic, short fin, standard weight flywheel 22mm phbl delly and a clever home design air filter design to go in the serveta airbob in the toolbox. Finally a 42mm clubman pipe finishes the scoot off. He took it to Jerome at Readspeed to get it properly set and dynode. He says it feels really torquey and smooth, which is what he wanted, however I think he was gobsmacked at the bhp figures...........A massive 8 BHP!!! :shock: Will have to see how it goes on the road when fully run in.
Jerome got higher BHP and a great spread of power from a mate's standard SIL VI 200 that he dynoed with 22mm Jetex and AF clubman!

I wonder why they were discontinued ? :roll:

Adam
corrado
Dealer

speedy wrote: He says it feels really torquey and smooth, which is what he wanted,
Maybe it produces more power at 4,000 rpm than an RB250. Half of the scooter riders I know don't go above 5,000 revs anyway.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information