So just who does want to go 100mph?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Given all the hullabaloo, how many on here would jump at the chance to pilot one or both of the highly talked about scooters on a drag strip?

Me, me, me.
Adam_Winstone

I want the ability to do 100mph, as and when I choose. If your car does 150mph, that doesn't mean that you ever do it but it is nice to know that you have the power there should you want to overtake, give it a blast on the right roads and under the right conditions, etc.

Q: Do I want to do 100mph?

A: Yep, sure do!
corrado
Dealer

Reminds me of a quote I once read in a car magazine, though I can't recall the car in question.

"It is a car that will do 150mph but it's not an 150mph car."
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

I think years ago if you had asked me I would of jumped at the chance . Now though not really that bothered 70 mph is fast enough for me :D Went to Elvington this year and a well known tuner offered me a blast down the strip on his scoot ! Guess what I wasn't arsed :roll: . Maybe next year :twisted:
rapido230
Main scooter: vespa 210 & lambretta gp

Not me, I'm poopin meself at 95 pmsl :P
Andy W
Main scooter: GP 186 Imola

I would probably try it once in a controlled area (sprint track) maybe, with plenty of changes of underwear for after, had 82mph (GPS) out my Imola and Dan screemed it to 98 on the dyno. It's one thing doing it on a superbike on 17" wheels but on 10's with tubes in!! I will stick to riding at 75 everywhere (that I can that is) plus it's more fun than my Blade was!! Lol. Chasing cars up the A3 is brill just to see the look on their faces as you go past.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Anybody that rides long and regular distances on the motorway will probably tell you no !

Personally I shite myself when doing 80mph overtaking on the motorway for fear of some tit head not seeing me and just pulling out as I try to manouvre my 45 year old shopping trolley to a sudden stop or even worse finding it funny to speed up.

Thoughts of blow outs, layshafts snapping etc etc bring me to my senses quite quickly.

Its not for me, I prefer to have 300 miles in front of me and get there in one piece not shoot off to the shops for a bottle of milk faster than a speeding comet for 30 seconds.
I dont see the point its not my thing at all.

By the way I dont know where Jimmy Winters lives but hes the only "super fast" scooter ive seen at a rally all year.

Ive noticed most of them dont go far!
Dono

corrado wrote:Given all the hullabaloo, how many on here would jump at the chance to pilot one or both of the highly talked about scooters on a drag strip?

Me, me, me.
This is how it all started in the good old days. Who had the fastest scoot on the sea front , who had the bragging rights at the end of the day. Everyone wanted to do the ton back then, and now we have the kit to achieve it thought Darrell Taylor & Charlie why not use it. Come on we all want to say we own and rode a 100mph Scoot :D
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.....
http://scunthorpesilhouettes.co.uk/
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Not me, I want a scooter that will accelerate up to 70 but happy to cruise around 55..,, 8-)
CutdownSpence
Main scooter: 1966 Silver Special

Yes please or in the words of Del Boy.... He who dares,

Question is how much will it cost me to get there (not speeding fines)
One Of England's Finest Salad Dodger's.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information