So just who does want to go 100mph?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lammer205

I don't know about doin the ton. But i would really like my Ts1230 which is well built by a well known tuner to be nearly as fast as my mates SM ultimate, riding back from Shipston this year with him the bloody thing seemed to have power on tap when ever he needed it, i know it's said they're a fast touring motor well i'm not so sure about that, giving the scoots a good work out over the A roads coming home 75ish at some stages he could stIll take of like a scalded cat , usually just when i thought i was getting near him, bloody rapid would be a close description! For me it's the quest for more power for him the smugness of the ultimate! Ha,ha. If was in the market and also in the money i would defo be going down the SM route, so lottery done fingers crossed. Hicksy. Fast Lambretta's they're bloody great! 8-)
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

steve chapman wrote:so you think im scared of her indoors then speedy :lol: :lol: :lol: , well shes out tonight
so i will work it out and get back to you ;)
Aha,you'll big it up when her inna there :D ,bet you are doing the hovering to queen as we speak,her instructions of coarse. :lol: :lol: :lol: I could always send a price for the additional work you are curious about,say addressed to her at work. :shock: :oops: :evil: :evil: :oops: .xxx
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

[/quote]
I dont mean the event would not be a good road to go down but publically saying/implying that they dont believe official results is not a good road to go down.
I'm not sour about the SM over 100mph arguement, in fact it got so ridiculous at the end of that thread with daft comments etc it became laughable (i'm not saying you were saying daft comments, i understand you were looking at it from an analytical point of view) but what is the point of holding an event and then not believing or refusing to believe official results.......it makes a mockery of the whole thing and that is why it is not a good road to go down and say these things.[/quote]

when something is not quite right i see no problem in pointing it out, its not making a mockery . I can tell you now that i have had timing tickets saying ive done a 11 sec @ 150 mph 1/4 mile run on my full bodied street class lambretta in 2010 and another ott ticket in 2012 with my name and class number on it , Other scooter sprinters also have had wrong tickets more than likely times/speeds done by a bike , computer or human error does happen. Straightliners is this countrys no.1 sprinting organisation and without them scooter sprinting would not be getting stronger but when something dosnt look right it dosnt mean it cant be questioned.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

The Smallframe Vespas are starting to make the scaffold poles look slow, with our hero Tony leading the way!! :D
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

Not sure how to answer this one but here goes.when we were sprinting speed was irrelivant it was all about the times it took to do the quarter mile.as i got quicker trying to crack the twelves my top speed went up and eventually broke 100 mph on the quarter.the weird thing was once you had done so it became normal.i remember later doing a run through the line at 96 mph .when i got my timing ticket and saw the poor time and speed i said thought it was a crap run because it felt very slow.roll on another 15 years and what was done then looks normal now because tuning has moved on.what im trying to say as technology moves on there will be a group that will acheive 100 mph on a lambretta but as time goes on they will get used to it and will find it slow and want to go even quicker.its a vicious circle that never ends trust me i have been there.
Ken Tucky

Stuart is absolutely correct.
Its the old old story, the faster you go, the faster you want to go.
The main thing that's in the back of your mind of course is ............'Will my 63/93 mph speed rated tyres take this punishment?'

I think that a little expansion on this topic is also required here.

100mph will be achievable by many scooters, with a long enough run up, in a controlled environment e.g. Elvington.
However, what's not so easy, is to achieve it in a 1/4 mile (which is all you have to play with at almost all other tracks in use at the moment).

Personally, whilst I don't have any problems achieving these speeds at dragstrips, I don't think that I would like to contemplate doing 100mph on the public highway on a Lambretta - you are basically sitting on a motorised bar stool at these speeds................

Perhaps we will see some new blood on the track next season, because, despite all the banter on here, and the excellent race series put on by Straightliners/NSA, last season we were lucky to see more than 6/7 riders at a meeting, apart from the Shoot Out of course.

Mr Tucky
willwander

Ken Tucky wrote:Stuart is absolutely correct.

Sad but true, after a few 118mph runs on Darrell's group 6 getting yet another 118mph ticket was really disappointing.

I also agree with the 100mph thing, I think there are a few more full body scoots that could hit that on the mile, e.g Keith Hudson, Fairspares etc, for me the really goal is the first full bodied to hit 100mph on the 1/4mile, Keiths come close at 99mph.
standing mile: 118.6mph
1/4 mile: 14.04 seconds - 93mph
fairspares

willwander wrote:
Ken Tucky wrote:Stuart is absolutely correct.

Sad but true, after a few 118mph runs on Darrell's group 6 getting yet another 118mph ticket was really disappointing.

I also agree with the 100mph thing, I think there are a few more full body scoots that could hit that on the mile, e.g Keith Hudson, Fairspares etc, for me the really goal is the first full bodied to hit 100mph on the 1/4mile, Keiths come close at 99mph.
Totally agree with you and if it wasnt for Keith coming off on the line i think he may have acheived it this year. This bring me to the 100 mph speed, pulling away gently then building up to do the ton is no where near as bad as trying to get away from the 1/4 mile start as flat out and clean as you can , without either the back end kicking out or trying to keep the front end down and if it does ,controlling it and carrying on.
fairspares

The worlds quickest 1/4 mile scooter is a full bodied "Rapido barrelled" lambretta . Although i did several runs in the 14 sec range my best was 11.92 sec standing start 1/4 mile , this is a genuine unedited ticket. im sure ive even done better and faster il go and have a look for the other tickets.
Available soon the "Rapido Rocket" .
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Did anyone ever get a slow ticket on a fast scooter by mistake? Lol
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information