What's really going on inside your lambretta engine

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

Dan asked me to put a few posts every now and then so here goes.This may or may not interest people but a lot of my customers are always asking me to explain a wide range of engine issues.Examples include subjects like squish band ,what is it and how do you measure it or shimming of the gearbox.Its easy to explain but quite often I end up drawing pictures on a piece of paper and people still look confused.When selling the cyclone five speed I came up with the idea of a gearbox cutaway using the back end of a casing.This made explaining fitment,shimming etc simple with the customer understanding a lot easier.With the success ofthis I thought why not do a whole engine cutaway.Now what ever question is asked its infront of you.No more confused explanations and no more diagrams.What ever is asked engine wise its now infront for all to see. The pics here show exactly whats going inside your Lambretta engine and just how compact it all is.Also note there is no room for mistakes in building your engine.This may be of use to some of you out there, if so then I guess it was worth the effort.Wont keep waffling on you've probably already nodded of reading this.Any one wants one it will be for sale.
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Great that like it :D
ducksta

any one fancy doing a px one ?
live life your a long time dead
Daggs

I'd like one of them for the mantelpiece................. :lol:
Ian Hepworth

There's one at MB that Mark did a few years ago. Used to take it to all the shows and parts fairs.

I've been stashing away bits to make one for a few years but it's way down the queue.

My daughters class at nursery were doing a topic about machines so I took the MB one in and showed them some pictures of scooters.

The headmistress popped in and asked one lad (his Dad is a plumber) what the engine was. She expected the answer "scooter engine" but got "the spark is there and that makes the piston go up and down, that turns the chain and the chain turns the wheel".
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Great stuff that Stu, cheers.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

Love that ….I want one stu :D :D 8-) 8-)

G.
Den 08
Main scooter: lambretta Gp 225

Like that a lot, does that make me an anorak :roll: go on how much :?: my mates will love that just to prove I am as sad as they think :D
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Shouldn't the gap in the hub cone be above a tooth though? :?
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I would learn more from looking at that than reading any manual.... 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information