The Super Monza exposed.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

yep exactly... the foot brake he used added LOAD. Which is all the step dyno does. And he kept it at a given rpm to watch heat build and set up properly.

Question: How can you set up midrange on an inertia dyno ? The whole sweep run is over in what ten seconds or so?
But you sit at mid throttle on a motorway for miles dont you? Heat builds and builds.

You have to be a good operator to know how it all relates and adjust accordingly if you use an inertia dyno.
How many horror stories are there about "i had by bike set up and it went bang" ... rather a lot.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

soulsurfer wrote:
corrado wrote:Would you take a TS1 that rockets to 93mph in part ex Mike? :P
Of course Martin, but only if it was built by AF ;-)

This thread had been pulled apart in trying to tread down the achievements of the Super Monza with the same questions being asked and the same doubts being cast over and over, this seems to be the case every time the topic's brought up. There is talk of a few attending another straightliners event next year along with a presence in the BSSO I believe, with more owners coming along I'm sure there'll be a plethora itching to show what they can do next year. So whether the aforementioned speed will be achieved again remains to be seen, maybe someone will exceed it, maybe it'll be an RB250, but I doubt it would be believed if it did would it? Anyway, we shall see what happens...

ive not seen one post thats treading down the achievements of the super monza , it looks a great engine kit / package and i cant wait til someone gets bored and starts really tuning it to see what can produce :) . what you have seen is people asking genuine questions about the package price verses what it would cost to build other kits/engines, question about what changes could have been made between the dyno shootout and the top speed day that produced a 1 off 105.6mph . All genuine valid questions. Had the ball been in the other court i would have had my same doubts had it been Erics / Darrells scooter.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Adam_Winstone wrote:Mine does :)
Sorry,forgot about your one. Oh well,there's two then.
Dono
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I just found my slip from my last run of the day @ Elvington on my RB22. Hope this puts an end to all this once and for all.
Yes I will answer any questions you have on my Street Legal Lambretta RB22
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.....
http://scunthorpesilhouettes.co.uk/
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Dono wrote:I just found my slip from my last run of the day @ Elvington on my RB22.
We're you running the new BGM clubman?
Dono

:roll:
Last edited by Dono on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.....
Dono

Speed Demon wrote:No, I do not have my information wrong at all.

Charley developed all those things with an inertia dyno and he used the foot brake on his dyno to add load to get more heat into the components.

I think it just proves my point about a clever spade operator (Charley) producing better results than an idiot driving an JCB.

Ouch!!! My vote for come-back line of 2013. :D :) :x :P
tony

Dono wrote:I just found my slip from my last run of the day @ Elvington on my RB22. Hope this puts an end to all this once and for all.

I reckon thats human error....
tony

Dono wrote:
Speed Demon wrote:No, I do not have my information wrong at all.

Charley developed all those things with an inertia dyno and he used the foot brake on his dyno to add load to get more heat into the components.

I think it just proves my point about a clever spade operator (Charley) producing better results than an idiot driving an JCB.

Ouch!!! My vote for come-back line of 2013. :D :) :x :P
What sticky was saying is that Charley knows what he is doing.
And yes he used a brake which loads the engine at any given rpm. SO the inertia dyno was not used as an inertia dyno at all..
No ten second sweep tests and saying "hey look at that".. no, thats just pub talk.
Loading a motor at any given rpm is what a step dyno does. An Mjp dyno does not have a brake at all so how do you load midrange? How do you show real peak figures? My bike would NOT make real peak figures on the inertia dyno, even with the powerjet off-thats like -25% off the main jet! .. Do you not get this? Can you not see what is happening?
If you dont understand this Frank , well......

I think its best cleared up on the track... as has been this year...
Straightliners will offer dates for next year...
Last edited by tony on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dono

I don't need to improve my lammy after putting in this time. I'm going to now market my new engine kit and retire to Grimsby.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information