JL3 pipe

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
faf
Main scooter: GP 230 Mugello

Hi all,

I have what seems to be an ill fitting/poorly made Jl3,it rubs agaisnt the flywheel cowl no matter how i position it,and i cant remove the flywheel cowl without removing the exhaust first!
My question is,if i was to cut out a 2 inch section of the pipe and re weld would this affect the performance/characteristics of the pipe?

Cheers
paul lester
Main scooter: italian gp 125

sometimes the stubs are different lengths might be worth trying another one that is different before going that way
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

I've got a JL3 on my Rapido and the situation is the same. Originally I had a SIL longfin flywheel and the downpipe rubbed the cover. I shortened the fins on the flywheel and got a new cover which cured the rubbing, but there is no way I can get the flywheel cover of without dropping the exhaust!
I found that there was a fair amount of "wiggle" room by loosening all the brackets which may have made it possible in certain positions, but not in my best fit position
faf

Cheers Paul,worth a try!

would still like to know if cutting out a section of the exhaust would affect performance if anyone knows! Cheers
bigmuff
Main scooter: matt black indian gp

Yes it will.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Cant you send it back
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Maybe speak to the supplier.

Depends on your set up, what kit have you, etc as to how it will effect the performance

I'm sure it would alter the performance......maybe less torque more top end, or less top end more torque,....who knows ? Probably Jim Lomas if you can get in touch with him...
faf

The pipe was on the scoot when i bought it 2 years ago so cant take it back! It's not really causing too big a problem it's just that im in the mood to get the angle grinder out and sort it! ;-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information