Spanish series 2 frame weakness.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Ihateyoubutler

Am I right in thinking the Spanish series 2 has a weak spot regarding the part of the frame where the engine mounting bolt goes through the frame? Is this area prone to failure/cracking? Might put a tuned motor in, so do I need to strengthen this area up?
Thanks.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

You sure about that? Don't think I've heard of one giving way there. Or is it because the later S3 did indeed have strengthened brackets in that area?
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

first Ive heard of it for sure and Ive been running mine hard for about 8 years!
Donnie.
tony81
Main scooter: lambretta s type

Early series 2 had a weak spot on the frame tube not sure about Spanish frame
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

soulsurfer

Ihateyoubutler wrote:Am I right in thinking the Spanish series 2 has a weak spot regarding the part of the frame where the engine mounting bolt goes through the frame? Is this area prone to failure/cracking? Might put a tuned motor in, so do I need to strengthen this area up?
Thanks.
Yes, a lot of Spanish models seem to have had some welding done at some point, some better than others, although I don't think it's specific to Spanish Series 2, it's also mentioned in Sticky's book that reinforcement can be a good idea ;)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
whonatic

Ihateyoubutler wrote:Am I right in thinking the Spanish series 2 has a weak spot regarding the part of the frame where the engine mounting bolt goes through the frame? Is this area prone to failure/cracking? Might put a tuned motor in, so do I need to strengthen this area up?
Thanks.
Can't do any harm Stu, I've seen 3 Spanish series 2's crack the welding on the kickstart side.
Ihateyoubutler

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information