Is it posible to fix a Varitronic

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Magalluf

I´ve had it sitting on a shelve for over a year with a broken magnet. I managed to get the plastic bit out with the magnets intact you can see the broken one in the foto. The broken one was the only one with glue on it. Anyway a mate of mine has given me another Varitronic with broken magnets.

On this one there are two broken magnets and two good ones problem is they are well stuck down with glue so I don´t know how to get them off.

Any help would be greatly apreciated as Varitronic ignitions are expensive so if I could save one it would be an early christmas present

cheers all

Steveo
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

i dont know much about the varitronics but from looking at the flywheel id say its based on an auto/modern scooter flywheel with a centre boss to fit lambretta crank. If someone knows which model you could just remove the fan section , buy the flywheel and have your boss fitted to it. some of the modern auto flywheels do have problems with the magnets breaking especially with tuned engines.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
joespeed

NO, you need a new one from cambridge with 8 rivets and uprated,or a flywheel from the parmakit thats one piece.
Last edited by joespeed on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magalluf

I went to the Garage today and 1 of the good magnets just popped out. The other didnt want to know so I heated it and that also popped out. Which now makes me think that the poor quality glue could be causing the problem, by welding the center boss ir could be melting the glue holding the magnets in causing them to eventualy crack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information