Misano Supercases.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

^... however, some of Tino's stuff is excellent in design, function and manufacture. On the other hand, I've had some expensive stuff from others that looks beautifully manufactured but the design is simply rubbish, with function being the same.

One of the issues that many have with Tino's kits is that there are so many versions of each (V1, V2, V3, V3b, etc.) and it is very easy to get a mismatch of components from different versions of the same kit, however, this is also one of Tino's biggest features as he does not shy away from developing his products, nor from changing them in response to feedback from the market / customers.

It sounds as though you may have had issue with some of the parts that you've experience of but I can also confirm that there are some superb products on offer from Tino.

Adam

PS - I was asked to look at a 186 Mugello that was completely gutless, which it was, but this came down to the shockingly crap head that another dealer had supplied for use with the kit. The head in question had been reworked by others to lower compression and it had a squish profile that was nothing like the piston crown, a squish clearance that you could measure in cm rather than mm, and a total volume (poor squish and combustion chamber) that meant it was so horribly gutless! This was clearly the fault of the supplier of the kit and the bike was transformed when I sorted a head out for it. I would also like to point out that this was a small UK dealership and not one of Tino's bigger network of UK and worldwide dealers. The head in question was a modified (badly) standard Indian head and was not one of Tino's products.

PPS - I'm building myself another Mugello long stroke motor at the moment and I love them!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information