Misano Supercases.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Surely if you bought it in the EU and paid the vat in the country of origin you don't need to pay it again?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
soulsurfer

rosscla wrote:Surely if you bought it in the EU and paid the vat in the country of origin you don't need to pay it again?
No, but the price quoted is in AUS$ excluding vat.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
siobhanellis

It's a bugger they catch you for the VAT on the way in. In Oz, if it's under $1000 they don't charge customs.

If anyone wants one, I'll be back in the UK in July. I could bring one in as I have plenty of baggage allowance ;-)

Siobhan
Siobhan
-------------
It's not a bloody vespa!
soulsurfer

That's a great offer Siobhan, I'll pass that on ;-)
We get really stung over here with the fees associated on top of the VAT too, it can make smaller stuff really expensive sometimes
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
dutch

1,600 Euro, even better. I'd buy two (he can keep the Varitronic though)[/quote]

what do you not like about the varitronic then rich ?
siobhanellis

And you have to use the Varitronic. Nothing else will currently fit.
Siobhan
-------------
It's not a bloody vespa!
ove

Am I being a numpty or am I missing something, is this only available as a small block casing? Siobhan is running a 186 muggy, do you have to convert the casing to 200+cc yourself or do they do it when you order one?
siobhanellis

Mine was the prototype and it was deliberately set up to be frugal with fuel (There not being much fuel in the middle of the great bugger all). All 3 we have for sale are big block (so 200 and above).

To be honest, if someone is going to spend that kind of money on an engine casing, I reckon they'll be putting on a big cylinder.

Siobhan
Siobhan
-------------
It's not a bloody vespa!
siobhanellis

Siobhan
-------------
It's not a bloody vespa!
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Sorry if this has been answered and I've missed it but prices quoted are shown alongside a photo that includes crank. Is a crank included in the first purchase?

I like the look of these casings but for me this is all about size.... reliably bigger that is possible with a standard case. 64mm stroke crank is possible on modified standard casings but the bigger diameter and thicker webs of these cranks now mean that you no longer need to weld pins (good step forward). So, that leaves me wanting to look at bigger bore kits. It has been stated that there is lots of meat around the casing mouth so I'm wondering what might be in the pipeline for bigger bore kits, especially as stud position becomes the limiting factor on standard 200 casings (72mm being the biggest piston/bore size available for modified standard casings; Rapido and RB 250).

They say that size doesn't matter but this is exactly what I'd want from upgrading to these casings.

Adam
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information