franspeed vs nk

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
harpo

rebuilding my old ts1 pm25 fitted want to up grade my pipe just wondering whats the best franspeed or nk looking for more touring than rev monster
golf19gt
Main scooter: lambretta ts1 230

I have the nk rally on my ts1 very pleased with it good torque for rallies
lammer205

How ya doin fella? I've been looking at the TS1 exhaust choice myself at the moment, i had the Ts1 out yesterday for a few hours and while it's running really strong i get the feeling there is more in the engine thats willing to go i think the franspeed3 is defo taking the edge of the motor,but i have to put my hands up and say i specced the exhaust at the time of buying the motor thinking i'd be happy with touring style motor but now i'm looking more out of it. I spoke to Biddy and he said i could try his old MB exhaust to see if theres much to be gained, but in the mix for me will be the Franspeed race and also looking at the super tourer but would like to see more info , dyno graphs etc before buying there was a small write up in scootering but not a lot, i think a bit more rev on and a few mph(5-10 ha'ha) would see me happy enough. Hicksy.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Don't mess about just get the super tourer, best exhaust around
lammer205

Jonashford, do you have one fitted to an RB, whats your view is there anymore top end speed, i know that the scootering article said if you keep the rev's up it should feel faster, but for me i'd like to be certain of more midrange and some top end gain before forking out the price of the pipe , any good to me then in your experience fella? thanx Hicksy.
jonashford

Yes i do, I took off a franspeed tourer, the mid range is rapid to say the least, my mate had an nk road rally on his rb changed to the super tourer and sed he was frightened to ride it again, lol. They sound good too. The difference is a lot better than the race as well,
sydduckett

jonashford wrote:Yes i do, I took off a franspeed tourer, the mid range is rapid to say the least, my mate had an nk road rally on his rb changed to the super tourer and sed he was frightened to ride it again, lol. They sound good too. The difference is a lot better than the race as well,
So are you saying that the super tourer is quicker than the race? If so one has to ask whats the point of manufacturing the race any more? This is presuming the the super tourer is better downstairs as you would expect a touring pipe to do?

Im confused.....not hard i know.... :shock: :shock: :D
jonashford

I'm not sure flat out top end if the super tourer is faster, the mid range is definitely better, but that's on my engine,
harpo

thanks for the info lads hicksy going same route as you 35 tmx if you get a chance some time let me know what jetting your running mate
how's your you ts running
sydduckett

If the top end is only slightly down it sounds as though its a no brainer. Would be good if Andy could maybe say where this pipe sits in relation to the others and what engines are likley to suit it best.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information