are my reed petals nackered????

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
davyjj
Main scooter: GP 200 TS1

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help........

I've just finished a full rebuild, and having some problems getting the carb set up, starting etc etc :

Main concern/query at the minute: is it possible for reed petals to be nackered, even tho they look fine?? Been on my first run today since rebuild, and quite a bit of petrol being spat back out of the carb, and spluttering from 1/2 throttle on. I pulled the plug, and it looks as if its running too lean

:?
camel

if the petals look closed and not feathered they should be ok
post your carb/top end set up and maybe someone can point you in the right direction jet wise and go from there
an over jetted carb with good reeds will still spit back
mickdale

check the petals fully sit flat on the block with no gaps.
couple of years ago i bought a new branded reed block assy and had to change the reeds for different ones to make work
Bifter
Main scooter: vespa p210

And hold them up to the light as they sometimes get hairline cracks in them ,if you got carbon ones then i got 2 sheets from adrenalin pedshop which is enough for about 10 sets for only a few pence over the cost of a pre cut set
davyjj
Main scooter: GP 200 TS1

THANKS for you advice, and sorry for rate response. At work for a couple of weeks and site is blocked :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information