Wintermodel differences.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Ihateyoubutler

I think I know the main differences between an (li) type winter model and a standard spanish li,but does anyone know if there are any differences between li wintermodels apart from colour etc? I have seen wintermodels advertised as having the ''correct'' holes in the legshields where the spare wheelcarrier would have been fitted.I have two,one of which has never had a legshield carrier fitted.The other one only has a rear carrier that looks like it was fitted from new (painted same as body).
Thanks.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

I don't believe there is such a beast as a 'standard' Serveta scooter.
Did you have to do that?
soullad
Dealer

^^^^^^^^^ too true.
I have seen original rear and inside legshield carriers fitted to them. Note the inside leggie carrier is slightly different in shape thou to the rear version and these should have an additional bracing bar (plus gasket) that bolted on the front of the legshield, over the fork stem tubing, before the horncasting was fitted. Common sense I guess to help with the additional weight. I'll pop a pic up of one when I get 5.
As for other differences I would have thought things like single or dual seats, accessories etc would have been options offered by dealers?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information