Cam Lam Power jet

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
markd232

Hi all,

Running a standard ts1, 30mm phbh, is it worth fitting a cam lam power jet, pros/cons.

Many thanks.
Evesy
Main scooter: Jet 200 with Imola 186

I've got one on my imola. I like the fact in getting more fuel through at top revs just to keep everything running nice. I actually haven't even seen a massive difference in fuel economy either.
markd232

Thanks for your reply Evesy,

The splur on the site looks good and in theory has to be an improvement but it would be good to hear from people actually using them or someone a lot more technically minded about these things to see if it does make a difference or is just a gimmick.

ATB.
mickdale

works for me and can adjust with atmospheric conditions

has anyone noticed more spitback?

cheers
mick
markd232

I'd keep that between you and Tracy Mick. :-)
mickdale

markd232 wrote:I'd keep that between you and Tracy Mick. :-)
She never did swallow :(
davet

markd232 wrote:Hi all,

Running a standard ts1, 30mm phbh, is it worth fitting a cam lam power jet, pros/cons.

Many thanks.
I ran a standard TS1 (a reliable pugwash version) with a 30phbh and my own powerjet kit, before moving to a VHSA. We did some playing on PSL dyno with and without. Managed to come down 2 sizes on the main jet and it was clearly working. Power went up to 21, with a nice curve. However, following the Saxleby 'dyno b@11@x' principle :lol: :lol: it worked well into the wind and up and down hills.

It is said and I'm definitely no expert on this, that they allow extra fuel when coming off throttle, such as coming off motorways and as we found out you can run on a smaller main jet. More educated on this will be able to explain the full reasons.

Worked well on road and was razzed to Eurolam in Belgium and didn't seize!!
mickdale

that greek bloke doesn't have stock anymore :-(
markd232

davet wrote:
markd232 wrote:Hi all,

Many thanks.
I ran a standard TS1 (a reliable pugwash version) with a 30phbh and my own powerjet kit, before moving to a VHSA. We did some playing on PSL dyno with and without. Managed to come down 2 sizes on the main jet and it was clearly working. Power went up to 21, with a nice curve. However, following the Saxleby 'dyno b@11@x' principle :lol: :lol: it worked well into the wind and up and down hills.

It is said and I'm definitely no expert on this, that they allow extra fuel when coming off throttle, such as coming off motorways and as we found out you can run on a smaller main jet. More educated on this will be able to explain the full reasons.

Worked well on road and was razzed to Eurolam in Belgium and didn't seize!!

Thanks for that Davet. Most usefull. atb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information