Dog leg levers for series 2

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Lamaddict wrote:The ones I got from Scootrs are great :?:
Did you use 2 clutch levers?
sydduckett

Lamaddict wrote:The ones I got from Scootrs are great :?:
I brought a hydraulic front brake from them and when I pulled it in sharpish it snapped and I had to put the scooter down. Fracture in the lever, was always going to happen only a question of when. Randal completely washed his hands of it.

As I said "history"

Anyway I picked up a pair of Matt black Vespa ones at Wicksteed. Rather fit fine and whilst dog legged there not that long som I'm still looking.....i :D
Magalluf

I was just about to ask the same question, I have Linx dog leg levers on my Jet and I love them and want to put Dog legs on all my bikes problema is the Linx/Lince ones are imposible to get hold of. I was wondering if these would fit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VESPA-ALLOY-B ... 460646f659

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vespa-GT-GTR- ... 460c3e7a08

Steve
sydduckett

Like the top ones a lot and a decent price to boot
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Top ones look like they may bottom out before the clutch is fully pulled in. Had an issue with some Vespa dog leg ones doing that a few years ago on the racer. Jason may remember more? S3 though.
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

ForemanBob wrote:
Yes Monty, I have one on my S2... was looking for a longer reach to pull the clutch a little farther, however the pull is identical to a standard lever. Decent enough though.

Going to have to file down the lever housing a little to allow the lever to sit further away.
Well I thought for the price....
I needed a matching pair no problem just turn the brake one over...
The bloody thing has a hole in the ball end.
Looked at it at thought bugger it I will fill it with ali weld.
Now my steel mig welding is ok with a flap wheel grinder and a bit of work, and a white stick.
Loaded my mig with some ali wire, and filled the hole to within a mil of the top. dead chuffed thought I would add a bit more to grind off and shape round when the whole bloody ball dripped onto the floor.
Back to the drawing board. It looked like they would have moved the lever about 1/2 inch closer the grip. That may well have been enough as Im Ok without gloves, just a bit of a reach gloved up. So what are the V++++ ones like
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information