Another Holed imola Piston....AAaargh

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

do you have a variable timing unit fitted? ie mtech or agusto?

Im not that clued up on these but from my learnings with the mugello kit I fitted, 18 degrees seems a bit high

I was told to go forward to 15 degrees??
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

I've holed two imola pistons. It was always running hot even with jetting changes. it's since been at MB and one of the things he changed was compression rate. Last weekend it covered near 600 miles without complaint.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Do not that there is direct correlation between high compression and retarded ignition timing... so really we are talking about the same thing here. You can reduce the compression and keep the more advanced ignition timing OR you can keep the compression high and retard the ignition timing. This is another good example of considering a motor as an assembly, rather than thinking of parts/settings independently.

Adam
depechediki
Main scooter: gp ts1225

so your exhaust is full of fuel when tap is off? fuel tap knackerd because of shite in the tank which has also blocked the filter in the carb causing starvation,overheating,pinking and BANG
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information