wish i could give up smoking

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
camel

why do some motors smoke like hell
mine does to the annoyance of people who ride with me,i run silkolene pro 2 pre mix and 33/1 ratio.
im definatly not burning gearbox oil.
its worse after a fuel up,ive tried putting the oil in first before the petrol to help mixing but its no better.
luckily it dosnt foul plugs...does anyone mix their oil at a weaker ratio?
motor is a reed valved muggello 225
30phbh,and a ads3 pipe
Boothy_the_makem
Playstation gamer tag: Phantomkiller_uk
Main scooter: modded t5 classic wi a parker

Are you pissed ?

Lol :)
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

If engine is tight and seals are ok, at 3% mix you shouldn't have major smoke issues....... Unless you are running rich jetting? That would cause it to smoke if it is over-rich.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
camel

not as pissed as your flywheel mr booth
Yes Dan its a possibility,been thinking of down jetting for some time,it was set up "safe" on a dyno when initially built,my fuel consumption isnt the best considering the reed valve is fitted.Averaging 8 miles per litre
Pepot
Main scooter: servetta LI150 serieIII GT186

Couldn´t it be a simptom of a problem with the chain side oil seal? I'd have a look to the gear box oil level.
Edited:
Sorry,I'have read again your post and saw that you have allready done this.
Boothy_the_makem

camel wrote:not as pissed as your flywheel mr booth
Yes Dan its a possibility,been thinking of down jetting for some time,it was set up "safe" on a dyno when initially built,my fuel consumption isnt the best considering the reed valve is fitted.Averaging 8 miles per litre
Lol. I like smokey scooters :D

Peeps should put some in the exhaust like the old days lol :D
And its no where near as annoying as the feckers with all the mirrors going to rhyl in the sun yesterday.
I thought the feckin paparazzi were after me :D

Anyway it looked fine when you rode in yesterday . Maybe you were comparing it to your mates LN you rode with hahaha

;)
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Personally I think silkoline is too thick and expensive to mix on a road bike, its not too bad if mixed and shaken in a can but it soon " drops out" the petrol and settles in the bottom of the tank and float bowl, put a mix in a milk bottle and stand for a few days. Pro 2 is more a race oil that would be discarded after a meeting, so I recommend something like Rock Oil Synthesis injector mix at 3% and the bike will hardly smoke whilst riding.
Boothy_the_makem

wack 63 wrote:Personally I think silkoline is too thick and expensive to mix on a road bike, its not too bad if mixed and shaken in a can but it soon " drops out" the petrol and settles in the bottom of the tank and float bowl, put a mix in a milk bottle and stand for a few days. Pro 2 is more a race oil that would be discarded after a meeting, so I recommend something like Rock Oil Synthesis injector mix at 3% and the bike will hardly smoke whilst riding.

Thats a good point. I was running pro2 and £17.25 a ltr
Changed to motul fully synth for £12 ltr and it seemed thinner.
camel

wack 63 wrote:Personally I think silkoline is too thick and expensive to mix on a road bike, its not too bad if mixed and shaken in a can but it soon " drops out" the petrol and settles in the bottom of the tank and float bowl, put a mix in a milk bottle and stand for a few days. Pro 2 is more a race oil that would be discarded after a meeting, so I recommend something like Rock Oil Synthesis injector mix at 3% and the bike will hardly smoke whilst riding.
been thinking on them lines wack
it does seem to get better once its been in the tank a while,and the" garage forecourt jig "dosnt seem to mix it initially.
soulboy
Main scooter: t5 172 and a bit more

Boothy_the_makem wrote:Are you pissed ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lol :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information