Air Fuel Ratio Meter

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
CutdownSpence
Main scooter: 1966 Silver Special

john.t5 wrote:How much and how good? Was actually wondering if something like this was available, it would be great for us over in NI where there is no one with scooter experience with a dyno.

Check out innovate Motorsport there is UK dealers on there that sell them'
One Of England's Finest Salad Dodger's.
coaster

CutdownSpence wrote:
john.t5 wrote:How much and how good? Was actually wondering if something like this was available, it would be great for us over in NI where there is no one with scooter experience with a dyno.

Check out innovate Motorsport there is UK dealers on there that sell them'
Here you go http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTS.php

I guess the idea would be to fit it at least semi permanently and use actual road conditions to generate the readings rather than on a rolling road where all sorts of allowances have to be made? But, how tolerant are the sensors to 2 stroke exhaust gasses? I though I reads somewhere that the 2t oil killed them :?
mnpes

I USE A REMOVABLE ONE ON THE 69 GP TO SET- UP THE CARB ~ ~ ~ WHEN REMOVED ALL THAT IS NOTICEABLE IS THE BLANKED BOSS

A FIXED ONE ONE ON INSPECTOR GADGET ~ ~ ~ PREFER THIS AS FUEL - WEATHER ETC ALTER THE READINGS

YOU CAN USE THE BASIC 3 - LAMBDA SENSOR

X1 ~ 12V +
X1 ~ 12V -
X1 ~ RETURN VOLTAGE SENSOR WIRE

4 - WIRE AS 2 SEPERATE EARTHS ~ 12V -

5 - WIRE IS USED WHEN ENGINE MANAGEMENT CONTROL IS REQUIRED

THE ACTUAL GAUGE REQUIRES
X1 ~ 12V +
X1 ~ 12V -
X1~ VOLTAGE SENSOR WIRE FROM THE LAMBDA SENSOR

BEST TO TAKE THE 12V + FROM A SWITCHED SUPPLY ~ IE .... OFF WHEN IGNITION OFF

PROTECT WITH A 3A - 5A FUSE AS THE SENSOR AS AN INTERNAL HEATER

THE GAUGES ARE NORMALLY LED BUT ANALOGUE ARE AVAILABLE ~ ~ ~ "NOT REALLY MEANT FOR A VIBRATING SCOOTER"

PRICE WISE VARIED BUT NORMALLY " YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR " ~ ~ ~ £15.00 > > > >

THESE FIT INTO A GLOVE BOX NORMALLY 52mm HOLE REQUIRED OR PODS ARE AVAILABLE

SET UP AND AIM FOR RUNNING SLIGHTLY RICH @ ALL THROTTLE SETTINGS AND YOUR NORMAL RIDING CONDITIONS ;) ;)
mnpes

THERE IS AS REQUIRED ANGLE FOR INSTALLING THE BOSS SENSOR ~ POINTING DOWNWARDS @ AN ANGLE ~ GOOGLE IT !!!!!

REGARDING 2 - STROKES AND LAMBDA SENSOR LIFE SPAN ~ THEY DO WEAR/BURN OUT BUT NOT QUICKLY

£2 FROM SCRAPPIES TO REPLACE ;)
CutdownSpence
Main scooter: 1966 Silver Special

Don't suppose you have pics of your set up.? ;)
One Of England's Finest Salad Dodger's.
TED CRUD

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130259092513? ... 1439.l2649
I bought mine from ebay ,it took thee days to come .I thought about EGT/CHT gauges but i thought i don`t know what readings i should have .I thought if the mixture is correct then everything should be ok ,i am going water-cooled and use a air-box to be on the safe side
I know 2 strokes are sensitive to atmospherics ,i do not plan to run it on the edge ,it will bet set it on the safe side .I will be mainly using the gauge to monitor
any fluctuation in mixture e.g air leaks etc
I will be using this early next year so don`t expect any reviews any time soon ,I was hoping too read other peoples experiences
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBpNEjkuLY
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

I'm curious too - I've always heard Lamba sensors are unsuitable for 2-stroke due to the oily exhaust fumes which clogs up the sensor quite quickly and produces erratic readings. Can be that for shorter periods this is no problem but for permanent installation I was under the impression it's recommended against. Anyone has some info on this as I'd love to get a kit... :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information