Old Frescos

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

The old frescos that had the end can just welded on. It's an under kickstart model. Did the endcans have any padding in?

How did they perform, and would an old one that's seen plenty of use be Ok on a mildy tuned SR 185 with TM24 Mikuni?. Or, is the end can likely to be badly gunged up?

Lastly :roll: , how loud are they :)
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Hi fella what i remember is they were ok but fairly loud although a nice crack to it :D , and pretty sure the under kickstart were prone to snapping off the end can , could be wrong though as memory not so good.... :shock: :lol:
chunky monkey

I had one on mine for a while, it did have padding in the end can & as with most of them the rear bracket snapped off
Great sound
I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets
storkfoot

There's one up for sale which I've just got pics for___it looks like it's had a pretty hard life, and the bracket has snapped at some point in the past, but it would scrub up OK.

So, there'd be no harm in cutting the endcan off, repacking it and welding it up again, I presume :?:

This'll be on my daily work ride so don't want anything that's going to be louder than the old Clubman it's going to replace____early morning starts, elderly neighbours, you know the rest :lol:
Last edited by storkfoot on Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nastro azzurro

They did have packing in the end can. I actually got taken to court and fined for using an exhaust without baffles when running one of these! I was stopped and reported by a motorcycle cop who was every scooterboys nemesis back then ( remember pc Daniels from essex? ) He hated scooters and us!

They made 3 versions over the years. One piece, two piece and a two piece with a bigger end can (as in picture in previous post) The ones with the bigger end cans were quieter.

They were much better than reverse cone clubmans in performance terms.

The first one I bought cost a whole weeks wages back then, About £35.00!! :lol:
nastro azzurro

No need to cut end can off. Baffle held in by a plate and circlip. Take out circlip, remove plate and pull out baffle. Wrap fibreglass round baffle and put back together.
You,ll be doing it quite regularly though!
joespeed

good old fashioned kit,put a bracket up to the shocker bolt,been using one a a 225 af gives a serios kick at about 3000 rpm,
i think the over kickstart model is better!
regards
joe
storkfoot

Right, I think I'll give it a go. Thanks for the replies ;)
RICSPEED

i had an under kick on a tv175 motor ,it would not pull at all with it ,had caustic soda down it and all sorts ,it ran better on just the u bend :? ,the over kick job on my gp was great and i do like the look of them in a retro way ,just had to weld it up now and again :lol:
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
andylaw7

me and mates had the old ones they did snap at neck then i bought an ott one that lasted sounded great on my taff 240 like the man said very crisp
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information