Serveta 200 frame ignition hole.What year?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

Anyone know the year that Serveta jet 200's had the ignition switch at the right hand rear of the frame? The reason I ask is that my 1980 jet has one and I thought that they came in around 79/80.Yet a friend is in the process of restoring one that has been given an authentification certificate and has the hole in the frame,yet they have given him a 1974 dating certificate. I wondered if this was maybe a bitsa of two frames? Any help would be appreciated.Cheers,Speedy.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Could be, my 80 Jet had that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
squeakmillward

didnt they re run the serial numbers or the first part?
speedy

I don't know mi duck.I remember the first jet I ever came across,a mustard one with the li 3 type clip on panels,JRA---N.That one never had the ignition or a hole,but had a kill switch on the headset,iirc.Thought ignitions were a fair bit later,unless they were different and more upmarket for the home market or elsewhere.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

speedy wrote:Anyone know the year that Serveta jet 200's had the ignition switch at the right hand rear of the frame? The reason I ask is that my 1980 jet has one and I thought that they came in around 79/80.Yet a friend is in the process of restoring one that has been given an authentification certificate and has the hole in the frame,yet they have given him a 1974 dating certificate. I wondered if this was maybe a bitsa of two frames? Any help would be appreciated.Cheers,Speedy.
Would he be in Bristol by any chance?
tea5ive
Main scooter: cometa 140

has it been welded up ?
speedy

Doom Patrol wrote:
speedy wrote:Anyone know the year that Serveta jet 200's had the ignition switch at the right hand rear of the frame? The reason I ask is that my 1980 jet has one and I thought that they came in around 79/80.Yet a friend is in the process of restoring one that has been given an authentification certificate and has the hole in the frame,yet they have given him a 1974 dating certificate. I wondered if this was maybe a bitsa of two frames? Any help would be appreciated.Cheers,Speedy.
Would he be in Bristol by any chance?
No duck.Over my way.East coast that is.
Last edited by speedy on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
speedy

tea5ive wrote:has it been welded up ?
All said to be genuine,but I not seen the bike to be honest.I'm just curious as to why it's got the hole if it's not a bitsa.Finding Spanish bikes quite interesting. :D
Elite-225
Main scooter: GP 225

Hi speedy, i'm pretty sure that it was 1980 onwards , and that a 1974 model would have headset ignition.. but if no one else one here can confirm this, then the best person to ask is Perry Lewis @ Totally Scooters. ;)
Supereibar

I have seen Jet200's as early as 1972 with the hole behind the seat for the ignition.

J.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information